Enclosed walkway across 17 track RR station
Hi --

This might be a good spot for trainspotting if you visit Oslo, Norway in 2011. The new glass enclosed pedestrian walkway crossing over the 17 tracks of Oslo Central station is progressing on schedule, and will open next year:

[Image: bro-bme.jpg]

You can see the current status of the bridge on the "right now" picture from the area:
[Image: now.jpg]

Umm - sorry, wrong pictures - those ones up above show the new road bridge with a sidewalk/bike path on the side. The enclosed walkway is further to the left and will look like this when done:

[Image: gangbro1_660_572243c1.jpg]

Smile,
Stein
That's a lot of glass to keep clean!
A very train fan friendly walkway!
steinjr Wrote:[Image: gangbro1_660_572243c1.jpg]

Smile,
Stein

Wow those people look skinny compared to us fat americans 219
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
tomustang Wrote:Wow those people look skinny compared to us fat americans

The people in the concept drawing looks skinnier than most Norwegians, too :-)

Grin,
Stein
Toronto Ontario Canada has a bridge like this. It's called Skywalk.

This is a view of the Toronto Union Station from the Skywalk [facing east = West end of Bush Train Shed]:
[Image: TorontoUnionStation-PathSkywalk.jpg]
The glass is tinted and very dirty. So it's not really that dark and gloomy outside, it's just the effect of dirty tinted glass.

The Skywalk goes east/west from Toronto Union Station and crosses over the Toronto Terminal Railway [Jointly owned by Canadian Pacific and Canadian National] to take visitors from the train station to Rogers Center [formerly SkyDome] and also to the Toronto Convention Center.

Here's a view of the Skywalk from the base of the CN Tower looking north-east:
[Image: toronto_union_station2_x.jpg]
The picture shows the walkway between the north and south sections of the Toronto Convention Center in front and the main Skywalk behind, along with another view of Union Station beyond.

This is the inside of the SkyWalk:
[Image: 1167219452025453324IzCvYY]
http://community.webshots.com/photo/full...3324IzCvYY

And one more view:
[Image: image002.jpg]
Ron Wm. Hurlbut
Toronto, Ontario, Dominion of Canada
Ontario Narrow Gauge Show
Humber Valley & Simcoe Railway Blog
don't see anything like that in the US. very cool spot.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
tomustang Wrote: ... Wow those people look skinny compared to us fat americans 219

I wouldn't say "skinny" ... I would say they look "heathy."

The number of over-weight people in this country seems to grow by the day ... the other day in the grocery store I had to skip an aisle and double back later due to a couple -- a man and a woman for those of you in San Francisco -- who were walking down the aisle side-by-side ... I couldn't see if they had a cart, but it was obvious that there was definately no way I was going to be able to pass them.

But I didn't use the three-letter "F"-word ...
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln