GERN Industries Gibson Works...
doctorwayne Wrote:
MountainMan Wrote:And Lake Erie? :?

I think that any ill-effects are mitigated by the stockyards at Lowbanks, as groundwater run-off into the Maitland River, along with periodic disposal of accumulated solid waste material all flows almost directly into Lake Erie. It's your classic win/win situation. Wink Misngth
In the view below, the stockyards are just beyond the trees lining the riverbank, and, just downstream from the bridge, is Lake Erie. Note how healthy those trees look and also the creamy consistency of the water, even before the additions from the stockyards. Eek 100% organic, so you know it's good. Photo, by the way, is by Mister Nutbar.

[album]269[/album]

Wayne

Oh, well...why didn't you say it was the town's municipal water supply. With GERN inb it, it has to be at least 3% stinkier, too! 357
doctorwayne Wrote:... and also the creamy consistency of the water....
Wayne

eeeewwwww!!! Confusedhock:

357 357 357
Just think of it as "protein-enriched"! 35 Icon_lol
MountainMan Wrote:Just think of it as "protein-enriched"! 35 Icon_lol

Ok...double eeeeewwwwww!!! Confusedhock:
357 357 357

P.S. - Very happy to see a GERN thread here. Thumbsup
* Report this post

Re: GERN Industries Gibson Works...

New postby tetters on Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:56 am

MountainMan wrote:Just think of it as "protein-enriched"! 35 Icon_lol

Ok...double eeeeewwwwww!!! Confusedhock:

OK - if you insist..."W".

I just couldn't resist! Icon_lol
MountainMan Wrote:OK - if you insist..."W".

I just couldn't resist! Icon_lol

Ya know...I sat there for a couple of seconds scratching my head thinking "W" ? What does he mean by that? Then I got it. How droll, how very droll. Icon_lol

Oh and BTW - This thread is like TOTALLYAWESOME!!!
Really?
In today's market, you could probably bottle that river water, call it "100% natural, naturally enriched with minerals, fortified with organically sourced chlorophyll"* and sell it at $7.49/341 ml.

* even the fertilizer was made right here on Earth from local materials, the dirt that's in it has minerals, and the rotten old tree that just died fell into the river.

Andrew
MasonJar Wrote:In today's market, you could probably bottle that river water, call it "100% natural, naturally enriched with minerals, fortified with organically sourced chlorophyll"* and sell it at $7.49/341 ml.

* even the fertilizer was made right here on Earth from local materials, the dirt that's in it has minerals, and the rotten old tree that just died fell into the river.

Andrew

I'm feeling a distinct urge to regurge. Confusedhock:
All GERN modellers are encouraged to post photos of their GERN Industries rolling stock here.

Here are mine.
I have two of these old MDC cars with GILX reporting marks:

This anhydrous flux tank car is an Athearn kit, with brake gear and metal grabirons added:

Another Athearn tank car, this one in sludge service:

Here's a shortened version of the same car, used in fluxene peroxide service:

This one, for Liquiflux, is a regular Athearn tank car, shortened and with some added details:

This one, an Athearn three-dome car, was backdated by adding the high, full-length handrails. It carries various GERN products in its three separate compartments:

Wayne
this is an Atlas the only modification is the paint and decals. One of my first attempts at making my own decals.

[Image: 100_2318.jpg]

Athearn tank car with new ladders and no hazmat placards. Don't need placards for Gern products
[Image: 100_2315.jpg]

[Image: 100_2313.jpg]

[Image: 100_2316.jpg]

Athearn piggyback trailers. Removed one axle and painted.

[Image: 100_2317.jpg]
If anyone is interested the paint is Floquil Sand.

[Image: 100_2108.jpg]

[Image: th_100_2244.jpg]
Les
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.lesterperry.webs.com/">http://www.lesterperry.webs.com/</a><!-- m --> Check it out
http://www.youtube.com/lesterperry/
Gern boxcar kitbashed from 2 Bachmann Hi Cubes.

[Image: gernbox1.jpg]

Gern covered hopper also a Bachmann cars.

[Image: gernhop1.jpg]

Cars are N scale :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
GERN Industries Limited Texas Divison, Burlingame Works - GILX 944 at the anhydrous flux loading platform:

[Image: image.php?album_id=124&image_id=2809]

GILX 947:

[Image: image.php?album_id=124&image_id=2810]

GILX 5650 passing in front of the Oakdale Fertilizer plant on its way to the GERN facility:

[Image: image.php?album_id=124&image_id=2811]

GP7 ATSF 2849 shoves GILX 5652 towards the food-grade powdered flux silo:

[Image: image.php?album_id=124&image_id=2813]

GILX 5653 at the tail end of the local:

[Image: image.php?album_id=124&image_id=2815]

GILX 5655:

[Image: image.php?album_id=124&image_id=2816]

GILX 5670 and 5672, awaiting pick-up after being loaded with granulated flux:

[Image: image.php?album_id=124&image_id=2817]

And last, GILX 5674 and 5677, incomplete:

[Image: image.php?album_id=124&image_id=2818]
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Your custom cars for Gern look great! I've come to realize that making custom cars is one of my fave aspects of model railroading. I've done a number of them for the club I belong to and for family and friends. I like the idea that I have unique rolling stock no else has. Your photos have inspired and rekindled an interest in making some more custom cars for my layout.
Chuck
Detroit Connecting
We are your
inner-city connection.
I have posted all of this previously but felt it should be reposted here. If I am wrong I am sorry.

[Image: BUT1_0001.jpg]

[Image: 100_1917a1.jpg]

[Image: 100_1918.jpg]

[Image: 100_1921.jpg]

[Image: 100_1922.jpg]

[Image: 100_2039.jpg]

[Image: 100_2109-1.jpg]

[Image: 100_2312.jpg]

[Image: BUT1_0002.jpg]
Les
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.lesterperry.webs.com/">http://www.lesterperry.webs.com/</a><!-- m --> Check it out
http://www.youtube.com/lesterperry/