Steamtrains' 2010 Summer structure challenge entry
More pics??? PLEEEAAAASE!!!!! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Kurt
It is very rare that I do this......................

Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Five thumbs up!......awesome job Gus!

I think the doors were the show stopper......beautiful!!!
Steve
Gus,
Excellent build, the doors just send it over the top!!

8-)
Andy Kramer - modeling the Milwaukee Road in Wisconsin
The Milwaukee Road is alive and well and running in my basement
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.milwaukeemodelers.net">www.milwaukeemodelers.net</a><!-- w -->
Thanks for your comments, fellas.... Thumbsup

Kurt...I'll try to post some more once the weather clears up here. The evening of the 6th we got walloped by Hermine, and the weather has been really foul since then.... Wallbang
I want to take some outdoors to get a better "feel" for the coloring...
Gus (LC&P).
Excellent work!
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
Nice Loco Shed! Confusedhock:

Man its going to be a tough vote this time...
Update on roundhouse project...

Since the floor "slab" needed to be cut to allow for the engine tracks, I added roof beams and bracing to stiffen up the walls....
[Image: DSCF2674.jpg]

I then proceeded to "grunge up" the doors which were a little too "clean" for my taste...
[Image: DSCF2675.jpg]

Next came painting the tracks...
[Image: DSCF2679.jpg]

And....The iron horses take over their "stable"....
[Image: DSCF2685.jpg]

[Image: DSCF2687.jpg]

That about does it....Next will come permanent placement and scenery. But got to do some backdrop work here before any of that gets done.... Sad
Gus (LC&P).
Very nice!!!! Worship Worship Worship Looks great full of locos!
Ralph
Gus...

Gets better and better! Thumbsup Thumbsup

One comment - if those engines with their noses poking out the door are going to be "live", management may want to consider adding smoke jacks to the low roof as well. Wink

Andrew
SCHAAAAAWEEEET!!! Thumbsup
That roundhouse looks great, especially with the locos parked in it. Great job Gus, I'm sure you are quite proud of your work, and deservedly so. Now I am anxiously awaiting the completed scene! Lots of junk and supplies laying all about!
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Thanks for your comments, guys....I sure do like the way it turned out. It's my best effort to date, and the experience will allow me to tackle the next project for a scratch/bash build....Although this one will be a couple of years down the line, and somewhat "compressed" in scope... Goldth

Attached Files Image(s)

Gus (LC&P).
Gus, that is a great scene, but with the skills you showed building your awesome roundhouse it will be a snap.
Kurt
Kurt...I appreciate the confidence you have in my abilities, I'm not so sure of them myself.... Nope

The whole of the as-yet unbuilt center peninsula will serve as the site for this complex....So I better get cracking on it...!! Goldth
Gus (LC&P).