Anyone heard of this brand before?
I went to the flea market this morning and found an O Scale 40' Boxcar made by Vandenboom trains. I don't model O Scale, just On30 and HO, but this car was too good to pass up. Guy was asking $20, and it was nicely built, had all of its parts and pieces and the box was in great condition, so I bought it. It is similar to another 40' O Scale kit I was given that was made by All Nation in that the ends, sides, roof and doors were stamped aluminum and the core is wood. Everything nails together with long nails. Car has all of its sill steps, triple valve, piston and air reservoir, hand brake, grab irons, all ladders, all there. Sprung Bettendorf trucks, and dummy couplers. All in all a nice car. I picked it up for a friend of mine that models O Scale, but I figure if he doesn't want it, I'll paint it boxcar red, decal it for WP and it can keep my MTH DD40AX company on my bookcase.

Anyone ever heard of Vandenboom trains before? I have never heard of them.

[Image: cid__0626001150.jpg]

[Image: cid__0626001151.jpg]

[Image: cid__0626001152.jpg]

I apologize for the lousy photos, my big camera is acting stupid. It needs to go into Canon for repair so I had to take these with the cell.
Tom Carter
Railroad Training Services
Railroad Trainers & Consultants
Stockton, CA
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com">http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- m -->
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com">tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- e -->
[Image: gaugetraingifsigUP.gif]
never heard of them, but that is a nice looking car!
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Gary S Wrote:never heard of them, but that is a nice looking car!

My thoughts exactly. Looks great.
-Dave
I've never heard of them either, Tom, but they're listed in the NMRA - Walthers Collection.
That's a nice-looking car that reminds me of the old Athearn and Varney metal kits in HO.

Wayne
I Googled them.
The only reference for that company that came up was......This post. And it was number 1!
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.