Coal Burns 3% Cleaner with Gern Flux
Well - I needed something to hide this 9 X 12 X 9" high motor box that powers the Gondola.

~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
So - Finally - I had a reason to build a "larger" building on the layout. I decided that if the MF&W had a coal mine complete with ventilating fan, I thought it would be good to call in the Gern guys Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Attached Files Image(s)

~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Fr those that don't know - I model in 1:20.3 "F" scale.. I build everything "on the fly". That is to say, I seldom make drawings. I build from what I want something to look like and just "start building"

I simply designed the walls out of the pink Styrofoam and then spray painted some 3/8" posterboard and then I realized, i have NO idea how to get the dimensions of what I need for the facades.... 35 35 35

So - today, I finally got the chance to cut, fit and temporarily attach the "stonework" to the building.

All the white lines and angles will be plastered and painted - but for now... This is the "Coming Soon" to PA version of ....

Attached Files Image(s)

~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

More pics showing the Gondola and platform from the first pic. This shows what i was trying to accomplish... Hiding that wooden box..... And yes, the Styrofoam is removable in the back section for maintaining the moter... I uhhhhh think ... Confusedhock: Eek Goldth Goldth

Attached Files Image(s)

~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

More pictures after i tear it back apart and paint and detail everything and reassemble it Smile Smile Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

ngauger Wrote:... if the MF&W had a cola mine ...

I always wondered where that bubbly cola goodness came from... Wink 35 Icon_lol

Looks good Mikey! Cookie Gibson's empire grows again!

Andrew
MasonJar Wrote:
ngauger Wrote:... if the MF&W had a cola mine ...

I always wondered where that bubbly cola goodness came from... Wink 35 Icon_lol

Looks good Mikey! Cookie Gibson's empire grows again!

Andrew
I just fixed that - about 30 seconds before you posted Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Tooo Funny!!! I wonder if Gern Cola fizzes 3% more.... Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol

~~~~ Thanks!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Where do I get in line for a game of miniature golf? I will admit I'm probably pretty rusty ... I haven't played since I walked the boards in Ocean City, NJ with my former wife and my daughter Jenna who was two and a half at the time and spent most of the latter part of the evening riding on my shoulders (she's now 26!)

Nice touch, though ... I can't say I've ever seen a miniature golf course on a model railroad before!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
P5se Camelback Wrote:Where do I get in line for a game of miniature golf? I will admit I'm probably pretty rusty ... I haven't played since I walked the boards in Ocean City, NJ with my former wife and my daughter Jenna who was two and a half at the time and spent most of the latter part of the evening riding on my shoulders (she's now 26!)

Nice touch, though ... I can't say I've ever seen a miniature golf course on a model railroad before!
Thanks Smile It was designed to be a tribute to Shamus, the first Admin here (well - where we used to be). I wanted something different to fill that 3 x 1 ft area and thought of putting in 2 holes of a virtual Mini-golf course Smile Smile

As to where you get in line..... There's a clubhouse too Big Grin

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://home.comcast.net/~the-gauge/g/g018.jpg">http://home.comcast.net/~the-gauge/g/g018.jpg</a><!-- m -->
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Almost finished Smile Smile Smile Smile

Well - the LPB's decided that in order to advertise the Gern Flux enhanced Coal on the MF&W... We should hoist an old coal car up on the newly installed corrugated roof Eek

And of course we then posted "ad bills" on the display Smile Smile And it's full of Gern Flux Enhanced Coal too!!!!

Attached Files Image(s)

~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Here's the rear of the structure:

Attached Files Image(s)

~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

What the "High line" engineer sees:

Attached Files Image(s)

~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

What the engineer on the "Track level" sees coming into the loading bunker:

Attached Files Image(s)

~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

The artwork:

Attached Files Image(s)

~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75