a new junkyard thread Packard
A Fire engine motor , think a good tune up would get on the road ?

Another look at the Cord, I built several cars out of Volkswagon bodies when hot wheels had a lot fewer choices!

I was once asked how I made mud. I used to use powdered Tempra paint( darn near impossible to find anymore ) mixed with plaster of paris ( to make it stick) put on over a damp surface ( rust paint) with a spatter brush ( toothbrush) then sealed with dullcoat. Now I substitute chalk for the tempra. Here is the result --this is Tempra.

Instant glue ? ---- SOLDER ---- NOW THATS INSTANT!
I said a bit ago that I went on a 1/64th car buying spree for the junk yard --- here are about 2/3s of what I have to "wreck" -- it's gonna take a while!! Fun -Fun Fun 2296_ 2296_

Some of them are going to be a real hard thing to wreck!! Nope But if it will help , I bought 2 of the ones that are this nice. Its made by M2 Machines & they are NICE , opening doors, hoods & they have motors ! 2285_ 2285_
:    
Now Dave, wait a minute, you are getting into cars I remember seeing in the showrooms.
I also remember the secrecy involved with the new car showings. The cars were tarped when they were on the delivery trucks and quickly tucked into hiding at the dealerships. It was a big deal to see all the new cars on show day, like an early Christmas. Now you have new car model years out a year in advance, and sometimes no change from makes to models. It has taken a lot of the suspense out of new car showings, heck they don't even have showing dates that I am aware of.
Charlie
Charlie B Wrote:Now Dave, wait a minute, you are getting into cars I remember seeing in the showrooms.
I also remember the secrecy involved with the new car showings. The cars were tarped when they were on the delivery trucks and quickly tucked into hiding at the dealerships. It was a big deal to see all the new cars on show day, like an early Christmas. Now you have new car model years out a year in advance, and sometimes no change from makes to models. It has taken a lot of the suspense out of new car showings, heck they don't even have showing dates that I am aware of.
Charlie

Of course I am , I will have nothing past about 55 in my yard -- like the ones we used to prowl in the early 60's or so.

Thats 100 percent correct Charlie, about showing dates. Funny thing a couple of guys & I were just talking about that last week.
I miss those days. Nope
I was working for a Ford dealer when the Falcon came out , it's a POS but none the less people waited 2 hours in line to drive one around the block!
When the 64 T Bird Roadster came out my dealer had one & a rich friend of his wanted it --- BEFORE the intro date -- boss said no dice. The guy went to a little bitty Ford/Merc /Lincoln / Tractor dealership up in the boonies & the guy sold one to him. My Boss reported that to Ford & they jerked the guys dealership!! In those Days when Ford introduced anything new EVERYBODY got one , no matter that they might not EVER find a buyer for it . Thats pretty much why the little dealer let him have it early-- it was his only chance to move it!
Dave, everytime i look at your work, there is a new car that is all rusted up, man you crank these things out fast, and do a dang good job on them too Thumbsup Thumbsup Great weathering, keep it up, both with the awesome work and pictures 2285_
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Trucklover Wrote:Dave, everytime i look at your work, there is a new car that is all rusted up, man you crank these things out fast, and do a dang good job on them too Thumbsup Thumbsup Great weathering, keep it up, both with the awesome work and pictures 2285_

Trucklover -- Thanks . but like PT said there's one born every minute-- 357
I fooled ya -- a lot of the cars you looked at were built in the late 80's. I built a bunch then & am just now going back to it . The Packard, both Hudsons, & the 40 are new ones I am doing now. Next will be a convertible of some sort , I am itching to do the tops rails & have a ragged , holey cover to see thru & see the ratty, moth eaten leather of the seats !2285_
I have several canidates, a 50 Merc, 49 Ford, 53 Buick, 47 Ford, 32 Ford , 53 Packard, 34 Ford, I also am thinking about one of the 51 Stude coupes, a 35 Ford cpe, 37 Ford, or 49 Buick with the top cut off & made into a convert.
If my Kelsey Hayes wire wheel method works out I will then do an early Ford -- model A - 32 -34 or there abouts that is just run out & partially stripped but with a great set of wheels!
Perhaps we could have a poll as to what convert Gets the torch?? I'm having a heck of a time deciding -- I have picked one & the next day I want a different one. Nope
Whats your choice TL?
i dont know much about old cars, but i think the 49 or 47 Ford, or the 53 Buick would be cool 2285_ 2285_
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
One car I forgot that IS going to get done soon. I now have a Hot Wheels 37 Cord that I an going to make into a Hollywood Graham or Hupp Skylark, it will take a new front end to be sctatched out of aluminum but it should be fun. I could make it a convert , but I'm sure somone would remind me there was ONLY ONE EVER built & NO WAY would it EVER be in a junkyard!! I got a pic of it tho-------- Eek
Trucklover Wrote:i dont know much about old cars, but i think the 49 or 47 Ford, or the 53 Buick would be cool 2285_ 2285_

See what I mean -- hard to pick one --- But the buick does kinda grab me too.