What Era, Railroads, & Locomotives are you set on?
My HO scale Freelanced Pacific Belt RR is set in the late 70's, and is a Class 2 Branchline.
Freelanced, but plausable, I loosely follow Espee practices. I'm superdetailing some of my power, some stock, and most structures....
I still don't consider myself a "rivet counter"!! :p
Carmine A. - CEO, Engineer, and Chief Bottle Washer! Tongue
Pacific Belt Model RR, Created 1975 - in my mind!
The Whiskey River Railway is a fictional line set between the late 1930's to mid 1940's. I'm not a diesel fan anymore (unless it's an ALCo) so steam is king. The railroad is set in south-central Wisconsin and runs north to a fictional point between Appleton and Black Creek. It interchanges freight with the Soo Line and the Milwaukee Road (and maybe in the future the Green Bay and Western).

I also do have a interest in the Green Bay & Western from the same era. I'm still puzzled to why Bachmann made a model of one of the GB&W's locomotives (the new Mogul) but didn't offer it in the roadname. That really doesn't bother me too much, since I have one of the rare Boyd Models 2-6-0's that I plan to build in the future.
Tyler D.
General Manager
[Image: image.php?album_id=238&image_id=4544&display=popup]
Do you have a time frame where you're set, time of year?

Late 90's to present

Are Steam, Diesel, Electric or all/some of both?

Strictly diesel

What are your railroads and what's the rolling stock consist of for deliveries/industries?

Proto - CN, Cape Breton Central Nova Scotia, New Brunswick East coast, New Brunswick Southern and a freelanced home road. I am focusing on pulp/paper, LPG, aggregate, grain, scrap metal and construction/municipal waste.

Is it Freelance or Compressed Prototype or even exact scale replica?

Proto-freelance

So what are your plans or completed plans for your Railroad/Layout/Engine/Stock?

My home road will supply the proto roads. I am primarily going to use U23B, B23-7's and B30-7's for yards and locals. B40-8W's, C30-7's and C40-8W's for road units. I plan on converting a couple of cabooses to RCL platforms for locals and possibly road freight duties. Rollling stock will consist of hi-cube boxcars, pulp flats, gondolas (high side and low) grain hoppers and two & three bay open hoppers for stone.
Stephen 

Modeling a freelanced, present day short line set in Nova Scotia, Canada. 

https://bigbluetrains.com/showthread.php?tid=9643
Do you have a time frame where you're set, time of year?

I've kicked this around for a long, long time and after some thought, I've chosen the modern era starting with 2014... lol.

Since I'm operating a proto-freelance outfit, I intend to have a bunch of diesels. Some from earlier eras as "budget" power.

What are your railroads and what's the rolling stock consist of for deliveries/industries?

My proto-freelance will have varied industries along it's line(s), but the auto-industry, ethanol, coal and agricultural materials will be found in abundance.

Compressed freelance along certain prototype lines with connections to CN, CSX and NS.... make sense? Big Grin

This may change since I'm moving to the southern US and I like to model what I see everyday
Railnet Wrote:Do you have a time frame where you're set, time of year?

Late 90's to present

Strictly diesel

Proto - CN, Cape Breton Central Nova Scotia, New Brunswick East coast, New Brunswick Southern and a freelanced home road. I am focusing on pulp/paper, LPG, aggregate, grain, scrap metal and construction/municipal waste.

Proto-freelance

So what are your plans or completed plans for your Railroad/Layout/Engine/Stock?

My home road will supply the proto roads. I am primarily going to use U23B, B23-7's and B30-7's for yards and locals. B40-8W's, C30-7's and C40-8W's for road units. I plan on converting a couple of cabooses to RCL platforms for locals and possibly road freight duties. Rollling stock will consist of hi-cube boxcars, pulp flats, gondolas (high side and low) grain hoppers and two & three bay open hoppers for stone.

I decided to go ALCO instead for my motive power. Primarily four-axle for now with RS11's, C420's, C425's and C430's. I may add 4-6 C630M's at some point in the future.
Stephen 

Modeling a freelanced, present day short line set in Nova Scotia, Canada. 

https://bigbluetrains.com/showthread.php?tid=9643