My Hometown---Part 2
MasonJar Wrote:
cn nutbar Wrote:TOO FUNNY---the guy behind the driver with the white hair even looks like me Misngth

Doctorwayne must be some sort of quack then - From the photo I can see that he has not "cured" your bum knee... Wink Eek

Andrew

Hi Andrew---quack indeed---you'll notice in the bus picture that both legs are missing Confusedhock: .Doctor Wayne should restrict his expertise to model railroading :ugeek:
Hello All---a few more oldies

[Image: P1060795.jpg]

[Image: P1060797.jpg]

[Image: P1060799.jpg]

[Image: P1060801.jpg]

[Image: P1060805.jpg]
Pulled from the archives

[Image: 2009ns016.jpg]

[Image: VIA6441.jpg]

[Image: THB51attheChathamStroundhouse.jpg]

[Image: 1002b012-1.jpg]
It was always nice to see something different than the CN black and orange---here's a few examples

[Image: P1060801-1.jpg]

[Image: P1060800.jpg]

[Image: 1209013.jpg]

[Image: 1209015-1.jpg]

[Image: 2009ns3024.jpg]

[Image: 2209yyyy002-1.jpg]
Mister Nutbar, I love the photos of the older locos - all kinds of stuff!

Makes me sad that I was not a railfan back in the 60s and 70s when I could have gotten a ton of pics of SP, SSW, and ATSF geeps and what have ya.
Ed,

The photo you posted of CN 3519, she's one of the M420R's on the SRNJ roster.
I agree with Gary nice selection of motive power.

Bruce
[quote="Gary S"]

Makes me sad that I was not a railfan back in the 60s and 70s when I could have gotten a ton of pics of SP, SSW, and ATSF geeps and what have ya.

Hi Gary---I think we all have those regrets.As long as I can remember,I've always been interested in trains but it wasn't until the mid 80's that I started taking pictures.The Canadian National was still operating steam until 1960---I was 13 then and can remember chasing the last of those wonderful locomotives on my bike and they are memories I will always cherish.Thankfully there were many photographers who did take pictures including Reg Button as well as photogragh collectors such as Paterson/George and authors like Ian Wilson who keep steam alive.I really wish I had some steam photographs to offer but I hope you enjoy these pictures as well

[Image: CN9432.jpg]

[Image: 2209024-1.jpg]

[Image: CNunitswithtrain.jpg]

[Image: img941.jpg]

[Image: img931.jpg]

[Image: img019-1.jpg]

[Image: P1060204-1.jpg]
Ah, the childhood memories! A boy and a bike... plenty of adventures there. And you had steam engines thrown in.... what a combination!

With me being a geep fan, there's plenty here in your thread to keep me interested! I also like the CN red cab/black and white diagonal stripe paint scheme.
Gary S Wrote:Ah, the childhood memories! A boy and a bike... plenty of adventures there. And you had steam engines thrown in.... what a combination!

I think that's Mr Nutbar there in the picture on the cover of Ian Wilson's excellent book Steam at Allandale. Wink Big Grin

I can remember doing the same thing when I lived next to the CPR tracks in Orangeville (although this was the 80s at this point). I crossed the yard on Townline Road up to 4 times a day going to school and back. I remember seeing all the old buildings although I don't recall the roundhouse - it may have gone by then. The snowplow and other MOW equipment used to sit in a siding all summer. I never worked up the courage to climb any of it, and only walked the tracks once...! Of course, none of this was recorded, and now everything is gone. The station is the only surviving building, and it was moved downtown to become a restaurant.

Andrew
Hello Everyone---Andrew,that's a great picture Thumbsup Even though the following shots were not taken in Hamilton,I thought Gary might enjoy them---they were taken while on vacation in Arizona and Texas during the late 80's

[Image: 1209028.jpg]

[Image: 1209030.jpg]

[Image: 2009ns5032.jpg]

[Image: 2009ns5030.jpg]

[Image: 2009ns5008.jpg]
Thanks Mister Nutbar! Now those are the ones from my teen and early adulthood years.
Hello again---it appears parts of Canada have a new season in addition to spring,summer,autumn and winter---it's called "sprinter"---just when you think spring has arrived,winter has a nasty surprise in the form of 20 cm. of snow---however it provided another opportunity to get out and get some final (I hope) snow scenes.Looks like I picked a good day as there was some good activity at Stuart St. and Bayview---you be the judge

[Image: P1060978.jpg]

[Image: P1060985.jpg]

[Image: P1060987.jpg]

[Image: P1060993.jpg]

[Image: P1060994.jpg]

[Image: P10609982.jpg]

[Image: P1070001.jpg]

[Image: P1070006.jpg]
cn nutbar Wrote:Hello again---it appears parts of Canada have a new season in addition to spring,summer,autumn and winter---it's called "sprinter"---just when you think spring has arrived,winter has a nasty surprise in the form of 20 cm. of snow---
Sr Nutbar:
One who lives in Canada must be prepared for the last snowfall of winter on June 30 ...
and the first snowfall of winter on July 1.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Here's some present day shots showing some old and newer motive power

[Image: 2009bayview0511.jpg]

[Image: P1060999-1.jpg]

[Image: P1060995.jpg]

[Image: P1060190.jpg]

[Image: P1060159.jpg]
cn nutbar Wrote:Here's some present day shots showing some old and newer motive power
Well, that's all the diesels. Where's the old motive power?
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.