Thoughts and memories
Nope Nope Nope

Once again, Seaman Ess Two-Fiddy, you've made me laugh out loud!

8-)
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
The gauge was the very first train forum I joined. I became a moderator at the end of that year that I joined thanks to Shamus ( Paul ). I have made alot of friends here and continue to make more friends. We have seen members come and go and not return for reasons that can't be discussed. Like mike said there was alot of changes and alot of us did not agree but this forum has overcome that obstical and gotten bigger and better. I sit back as a regular member and see how much has happened and am very pleased with the staff. They do a great job with everything that goes on here.

I can come here sit back and relax and jus browse around and enjoy everyones projects that they do. The nightly chat's with you guys are great. You can learn alot from each of these guys. Come join in on the chat's at night and get to know the guys and gals that come in to chat.

I just want to thank each of you for this great forum. Keep up the great work. Cheers
Matt
I can smell a steam post ten blocks away and when I do clear the tracks because the steam express will be hi ballin through
http://cambriaindiana.weebly.com/
Hey there. One thing I really enjoy on the times I'm logged in is the comraderie! A wealth of knowledge and above all, no pettiness or flame wars!

Keep up the great work guys! Cheers
Thanks guys Smile

Like Matt says, there were a lot of changes and growh we went through. A part of that was;
that we had pettiness and we left it on the old board Smile the membership here makes the Moderator's jobs hassle free Smile Smile Smile We have grown into a great forum and we hear very few complaints. When we do receive them, we do our best to address them as soon as we can.. Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
The moderators are pretty laid back and most of the members are pretty tolerant. Or else the moderators suppress all the dissent before I get on at 9 pm. Thumbsup
Not like another forum I frequent where multiple threads on the same topic are severely spoken to and suppressed and merged. (can you imagine a comment "There is already a thread wishing Mikey a Happy Birthday dated December 26, 2007"?)
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
BR60103 Wrote:The moderators are pretty laid back and most of the members are pretty tolerant. Or else the moderators suppress all the dissent before I get on at 9 pm. Thumbsup
Not like another forum I frequent where multiple threads on the same topic are severely spoken to and suppressed and merged. (can you imagine a comment "There is already a thread wishing Mikey a Happy Birthday dated December 26, 2007"?)
That's one problem we're going to address, our laid back moderators. Since the opening of Big Blue, they've had so little to do that they are constantly laying around watching TV and eating Kit-Kats. It's gotten so bad that we've now got three, yes, three candy machines in the Big Blue break room and they get restocked daily. Well, as of Jan 1, we are pulling out all those cushy couches and lounge chairs and turning to break room into an exercise gym. We have hired a full-time nutritionist/exercise instructor and have set goals for everyone. The plasma TV will be locked onto the Fitness channel and the candy machines (especially the one in Ed's office) will be stocked with healthy snacks such as celery bars, tofu sticks and watercress rollups. Big Blue is the ultimate lean, mean modeling machine and we intend that our entire staff will follow suite.

This is all your fault people. You're not causing enough of a ruckus to keep our moderators busy. No sniping, no off-the-wall attacks, just peace and harmony among friends and fellow modelers. And for this, we all thank you. We couldn't ask for a better bunch of people to hang out with, nor a better group of moderators who all have little to do here thanks to you all. Like Mikey says, we left all the bad karma behind, and it's a refreshing difference from these other places, or what our old place became.
Worship Worship Worship Worship
2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_
Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

After careful consideration, we might let one of the candy machines stay in the break room, once in a while, a spammer slips in and the mods might need that sugar rush to deal with them.

We've got a few bad memories from the old place, but if we go back far enough, they're outweighed by the good ones from a long time ago and what we have here now. Most of the mods we have here stuck with us through thick and thin for all these years, and our appreciation for them knows no bounds. Cheers
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
But first we have to buy Ed another Light Bulb for his office.. Smile Smile Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

ngauger Wrote:But first we have to buy Ed another Light Bulb for his office.. Smile Smile Smile
No way, we're still processing his purchase request from 2004 which will go into the review stage this coming year. Remember, the one he had was supposed to be good for ten years, so we really couldn't do anything about it until the ten years was up. The manufacturer claimed abuse, and won't honor the warranty, so Ed's kinda out of luck for now. As a concession, he does get to keep his stash of Kit-Kats, hoping, of course, that he can find them in the dark... Popcornbeer
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
OH-NO not the light at the end of the tunnel thread again.... Nope
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
The interesting thing about the entire ordeal, is that the Original 2004 Requisition is for an Incandescent Light Bulb (100W)... By the time the ten years is up, only Fluorescent will be available...

He better submit another Req. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

e-paw Wrote:OH-NO not the light at the end of the tunnel thread again.... Nope

There's a light at the end of the tunnel?
Yes, this is certainly a great forum and I've enjoyed meeting several of you in person. Lots of great fellowship and advice. Keep up the good work.
Rob
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.robertrobotham.ca/">http://www.robertrobotham.ca/</a><!-- m -->
ngauger Wrote: ... the Original 2004 Requisition is for an Incandescent Light Bulb (100W)... By the time the ten years is up, only Fluorescents will be available ...

... and I hope he doesn't break any of those new flourescent ones! As you may or may not know, they have Mercury in them. If you break a fluorescent tube at Home Depot, the area must be cordoned off, and it is declared a hazardous waste site. The person designated in cleaning it up has been trained in "Hazardous Waste Removal" and must wear special gear to remove the broken glass. Nothing can be done about the Mercury vapor which has escaped into the environment, and for some unknown reason, none of the tree huggers seem to care. They're more concerned with carbon-dioxide, which, by the way, is produced at a rate of approximately 2.3 pounds (1 kg) of carbon dioxide per day per each person currently still breathing :o Confusedhock: , and some sort of emission "given off by the incandescent bulb," the same terrible, dangerous technology that has been lighting our homes without incident since the day good old Tom Edison had a "bright" idea and folks began to stop burning oil and kerosene to illuminate their dimly-lit evenings!

But where are the big bold warnings on the twisted-flourescent "bulb" packages? And how ironic is it that they are TWISTED? 357 8-)

Don't believe me about the Mercury vapor?

Open a fresh window and the open Google (or whatever you favorite "information-look-up site" is) and ... LOOK IT UP !

Sorry ... you hit one of my Pet Peeves!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
"That's one problem we're going to address, our laid back moderators. Since the opening of Big Blue, they've had so little to do that they are constantly laying around watching TV and eating Kit-Kats. It's gotten so bad that we've now got three, yes, three candy machines in the Big Blue break room and they get restocked daily ". Watching TV....if it wasn't for the sound, and the faint flicker of light from the far end of the cave, we'd never know there was a TV close by. Kit-Kats ?....Sabre toothed tigers, no, they'd have been fresher. Break Room ?.....It's called that because we have to "break in". Restocked Daily.......as in once a day, which just happens to be February 29th! Eek
" Well, as of Jan 1, we are pulling out all those cushy couches and lounge chairs "
Cushy Couches.....Ancient burlap bags stuffed with.....I don't have the courage to look , and better luck finding someone with the courage to move them !! Confusedhock: , and I have know idea what lounge those chairs were found in. Icon_twisted
and turning the break room into an exercise gym. We have hired a full-time nutritionist/exercise instructor ( translation: large, hairy beast, with a large whip ) , and have set goals for everyone.The plasma TV ( It became plasma when we tried to "brighten it" enough to make up for the fact that Ed's bulb burned out. Sad ) will be locked onto the Fitness channel and the candy machines (especially the one in Ed's office) will be stocked with healthy snacks such as celery bars, tofu sticks and watercress rollups ( translation: Pre Cambrian vegetable matter ) . Big Blue is the ultimate lean, mean modeling machine and we intend that our entire staff will follow suite.

This is all your fault people. You're not causing enough of a ruckus to keep our moderators busy. No sniping, no off-the-wall attacks, just peace and harmony among friends and fellow modelers. And for this, we all thank you. We couldn't ask for a better bunch of people to hang out with, nor a better group of moderators who all have little to do here thanks to you all. Like Mikey says, we left all the bad karma behind, and it's a refreshing difference from these other places, or what our old place became.

Worship Worship Worship Worship
2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_
Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

After careful consideration, we might let one of the candy machines stay in the break room, once in a while, a spammer slips in and the mods might need that sugar rush to deal with them.

We've got a few bad memories from the old place, but if we go back far enough, they're outweighed by the good ones from a long time ago and what we have here now. Most of the mods we have here stuck with us through thick and thin for all these years, and our appreciation for them knows no bounds.
Cheers

All kidding aside, I have fully enjoyed my almost nine years here. I couldn't ask for a better bunch to be associated with!
I'm looking forward to a great new year, and the continued friendships this board has created. May fortune favor you all.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
RobertInOntario Wrote:Yes, this is certainly a great forum and I've enjoyed meeting several of you in person. Lots of great fellowship and advice. Keep up the good work.
I'm proud to say I have met a few members and Moderators and I agree, it's a great bunch of talented people we have here, both in our membership and our staff!!!!! i brag about Big Blue whenever the chance comes along Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75