Merry Christmas
I actually caught a nasty cold before Christmas and it took me out for several days. I ended up losing 6 pounds 'cause of it. Did it snow over at your place Don? We got some flakes yesterday. That's not saying much compared to some of our friends up north but then again for it to snow in Phoenix is something that just doesn't happen very often. I actually got to show my boys this morning what happens to standing water outside when it gets below freezing... something else that doesn't happen too often. My youngest one kept trying to figure out why I covered all the water with glass!
TrainNut Wrote:I actually caught a nasty cold before Christmas and it took me out for several days. I ended up losing 6 pounds 'cause of it. Did it snow over at your place Don? We got some flakes yesterday. That's not saying much compared to some of our friends up north but then again for it to snow in Phoenix is something that just doesn't happen very often. I actually got to show my boys this morning what happens to standing water outside when it gets below freezing... something else that doesn't happen too often. My youngest one kept trying to figure out why I covered all the water with glass!

Wow! Losing 6 pound over christmas is a rarity! I remember throwing that "glass" at each other back in elementary school and middle school - but none this morning at my house. My parents have been snowed in in Payson the past few days. they don't seem to mind that much because they really have no place they need to go. I bought some cross country skis last winter in one of those Goodwill finds (6 bucks for the pair, if I remember correctly), and plan on heading up north in a week or two and give them a try. I certainly like being able to drive an hour and a half to experience winter, and then turn around and be home in the relative warmth by dinner!
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
TrainNut Wrote:I actually caught a nasty cold before Christmas and it took me out for several days. I ended up losing 6 pounds 'cause of it. Did it snow over at your place Don? We got some flakes yesterday. That's not saying much compared to some of our friends up north but then again for it to snow in Phoenix is something that just doesn't happen very often. I actually got to show my boys this morning what happens to standing water outside when it gets below freezing... something else that doesn't happen too often. My youngest one kept trying to figure out why I covered all the water with glass!

Hope you are feeling better. I caught a cold the week before...glad it only lasted for a few days. So why did you cover all the water with glass? You shouldn't mess with your kids like that dude! 790_smiley_picking_a_fight

Odd...freezing temperatures in Phoenix meanwhile the current temp here in Toronto is 10 degrees C or 50 degrees F. Tomorrow much of the same. However, it looks like we will be back to normal come Sunday.