Mi-Jack Container Stacker (+ Bonus Content)
SP1 Wrote:I was not in the mood for modeling quite a while now. The passing of my friend biL made it not better, but I am back at it - finally!
I reworked the front end, added a few details here and there, started the carriage and made the rear wheels. If I keep adding a few details each week, I will get this done some day. Wink

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Just looking at the level of detail and accuracy of the work in this work in progress photo leaves me .......

Nope Worship Wallbang

speechless, amazed, and maybe even just a little jealous of the level of skill shown.

I am a carpenter by trade with an increasingly broad skillset so I know quality work when I see it.

Dadgum thats some good work.

Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
Is it allowed to post pics of that kind of modeling? Feels like it should be forbidden, because it makes the rest of us look pretty bad Misngth Goldth .

Jens, you must be the descendant of a long line of Swiss watch makers Wink . Absolute fantastic modeling Worship Worship Worship .
Kurt
Thank you everyone.

@Kurt:
I was especially eager to hear how you would rate my work. Thx.

cnw1961 Wrote:Is it allowed to post pics of that kind of modeling? Feels like it should be forbidden
So, your pics would be the first ones to be banned! I was pretty satisfied with my styrene streets, until you came up with that plaster carving... Icon_lol

Quote:because it makes the rest of us look pretty bad

Serioulsy, thats not my intention. I rather try to motivate/stimulate ppl to try out that styrene scratchbuilding thing.
Jens
Jens,

Any updates on your stacker build ?

Bruce
bdw9535 Wrote:Jens,
Any updates on your stacker build ?

A little progress was made, indeed. For a couple of reasons I am holding back pictures a little bit.
Jens
A little progress was made, indeed. For a couple of reasons I am holding back pictures a little bit.[/quote]

Jens,

Noticed that you had signed in, it has been some time since your last post, hope all is well. Do you have any updates on your stacker build or any other projects that you may be working on?

Bruce
Hello,
do you guys remember me? Its been a long time...
I recently found the Mi-Jack in one of my shelves and I still owe you pictures of the finished model.
Unfortunately I lost interest in modelrailroading over the last few years and have never really finished it. But I will change this soon.
Meanwhile my skills improved a lot and I thought of throwing away that little stacker. But i decided to keep it and just rebuild a bit, so
it will meet a higher quality level. I stripped it to the state picture below:

[Image: P1020235.JPG]
Jens
Like I said in the post above I have quit modelrailroad building. I instead focus on building vehicles - both, US and european prototypes.
I hope you dont mind me showig off a few of my most prominent models I built in the last few years.

[Image: P1020636.jpg]

[Image: P1020640.jpg]

[Image: P1020584.jpg]

[Image: 2-P1020777.jpg]

[Image: 1-P1020814.JPG]

[Image: 3-P1020816.JPG]
Jens
Jens,

Impressive modeling, thanks for posting again. Thumbsup

Bruce
bdw9535 Wrote:Jens,

Impressive modeling, thanks for posting again. Thumbsup

Bruce

Hey Bruce,

thanks for showing interest!. I have two more cranes for you:

[Image: 1-p1020973.jpg?w=840]

[Image: 8-p1020968.jpg?w=840]
Jens
Jens,

Always enjoyed seeing your scratch build models, thanks for posting. Can't say that I ever saw anything like the yellow crane before, I'm quessing that it's used at a steel mill?

Bruce
Bruce,
the yellow crane was used in german open pit coal mines. Mostly for maintenance work on the big bucket-wheel excavators and conveyor belt sytems.
Odd thing is that Krupp uses an american LeTourneau Model B tractor.

Speaking of the tractor - two WIP-pictures of it:

[Image: 2-p1020856.jpg?w=840]

[Image: 4-p1020866.jpg?w=840]
Jens
That's a lot of detail added to your model, great workmanship. Something else that always admired about your work was your weathering, it gave the impression of being used but well maintained. Please continue with updates.

Bruce