Mi-Jack Container Stacker (+ Bonus Content)
WC2scaledude Wrote:any chance I can get the full mijack diagrams from someone please as I'd like to model one of these. TIA WC2scaledude

Bob, both you and Ian should check your PM's! Big Grin

And to both of you ...
Welcome Welcome Welcome

You've found the friendliest, most helpful model railroad forum on the 'Net!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Some very nice work in this thread. I'm with biL, the weathering on the first model is really good!

And biL, you da man for searching through your mags and helping out!
Thanks for that post I appreciate it..... need to have my German friends (Assume its German)to give me the price range the samll cab displayed would also be a good start as a MIJACK fill in as well...... from earlier posts I assume the people building these may have gone further in there development of their models... any chance we could see those models either in their development or finished states no sense in reinventing the wheel if we have a working model out there somewhere.... maybe their is an electronic techie somewhere who could create the electronics to create a working model. How cool would that be folks! Here's a view from my WC2scale website (everything Wisconsin Central) of the unit providing inspiration for a modeling project <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://wc2scale.fotopic.net/p66843928.html">http://wc2scale.fotopic.net/p66843928.html</a><!-- m -->
Gary S Wrote: ... And biL, you da man for searching through your mags and helping out!

Not really ... I just have more time to fill than most of you guys and then ...

... there's the Library ...
[Image: TheLibrary.jpg]

... and that's about half to two thirds of it. The Model Railroading, Mainline Modeler and half of the Railroad model Craftsman are in stacks by year, awaiting a couple more shelf units. Plus, there's about five linear feet of hardbound books and another two or three feet of softbound books. [Books are Information; Information is Knowledge; Knowledge is Power. (One of my Life-long Guiding Principles)]

Besides, any of you guys who thought that they probably had the issues in question would have done exactly as I did! I just did it faster because on the day in question, I had not planned a "Morning Project" and I had nothing else pressing to do! Misngth
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
At least the side-project can be considered done. For the sake of variation, I altered the mast a bit according photos from the Internet .

Jens
Jens,

An outstanding looking job on your stacker. I know you scratchbuilt the model but what really catches my eye is the weathering and the tires. Looks like it could be the real thing, again a great looking model. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Bruce
That is very cool! I agree with Bruce, the weathering on the body and the tires is fantastic, as good as I have seen!
Jens, I wholeheartedly agree with the other guys.
You have done a fantastic job with the model and the weathering.
I would go as far as saying that you might get "pinged" by the Worksafe authorities for allowing the hazard banding on the ends of the lift unit to get so worn.
You truely are a master craftsman Worship
Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
I was not in the mood for modeling quite a while now. The passing of my friend biL made it not better, but I am back at it - finally!
I reworked the front end, added a few details here and there, started the carriage and made the rear wheels. If I keep adding a few details each week, I will get this done some day. Wink

Jens
Jens,

phantastic details and extrem good modeling. Great work!
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
Amazing detail! How did you make the wheels?
Hi Jens

I have just re-read through this thread and while I understand your feelings about our loosing Bil [got my waterworks going again reading his posts], I think that you should view your efforts on the Piggypacker as your permanent tribute to Bil given that he was able to supply you with the relevant articles and drawings.

You might also like to 'name' the finished vehicle for Bil as part of the tribute.

Just a thought and keep pushing forward with your amazing scratchbuilding efforts.

Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
Thank you guys!

Bernhard,
I could have added more details and more filigrane details. But I got convinced, I now follow the Houston Doctrine. More models in less time by omitting all details that can only be seen on Hi-res photos. Seriously, I have a small attention span and I permanently drop projects because they took too long. I got lost in irrelevant details.

Gary S Wrote:Amazing detail! How did you make the wheels?
Gary,
I laminated 5 styrene discs together. Two solid disks and 3 with a hole in the middle (which is for the rim). The rest was some filing and sanding. In case you like the rear wheels you will love the front wheels, promised.
Jens
Um....um....ummmmmmm....um....UMAZING!!! 35
Jens,

After seeing your Cat forklift this will be another outstanding model, looking forward to seeing the finished product Thumbsup.

Bruce