Woohoo! Got my main completed around the room!
Finished up the last piece of track and immediately ran a train all teh way around, even with the pushpins still holding the track. Finally!

[Image: firsttrain2.jpg]

--Randy
Modeling the Reading Railroad of the 1950's in HO

Visit my web site to see layout progress and other information:
http://www.readingeastpenn.com
Awesome! Congrats!
-Dave
That's an accomplishment all in itself. Great job! Now you're running......
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Congrats!!!

That really is a great accomplishment!!

Keep up the great work and keep posting progress shots!
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

https://www.facebook.com/mountaingoatgreg/
Very cool, Randy!

Is that RDG GP-7 #628 pulling that cut of cars? 8-)

OMG! I haven't seen a steam or hot water radiator in decades! Also cool ... or ... warm really! Kinda makes me a little homesick for the Keystone State! Even though I'm happy not to have to pay ridiculous prices for heating oil (I used to buy the whole winter's worth in August when the price was low) and bundle up to go outside, living down here in Florida, I have grown tired of living in this town of Fools, Idiots and Morons (and Rednecks) and never seeing a train! Somehow watching a flock of 46 Ibises fly in and pick my back yard for grubs for half an hour (25' away out the open sliding glass doors) doesn't make up for not having seen a train for way too many years!

But ... it's great that you can run the entire main now! I'm jealous! :!: Big Grin Thumbsup

I look forward to seeing more photos of Reading diesels in Pullman Green and Wooten fireboxed steam!

Congrats!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Way to go, Randy. Thumbsup Now you need to have a golden spike ceremony. Cheers

Wayne
Golden dab of caulk? Icon_lol Icon_lol

Hot water in those radiators, this is an older house (1910-1920 era by my best guess) made into two apartments, I have the second and third floors. Got those radiators in all the rooms - the bathroom one is rather interesting as it hangs on the wall but is the same type as the floor standing ones.

Only have 2 steamers, both T-1's. I didn't put together a special train, just ran what I already had out, there's only 2 Reading cars in that train, the flat car and the caboose. I had 2 trains on the layout, with a bunch more Reading cars - once I hooked up the two switch motors down at the other end I could do some classification sort of Inglenook-style, so when my younger son was last over I had him take the two trains and make one with only Reading cars and all the foreign road cars in another - after a few pointers he picked up on the moves required and swapped them all around without having to resport to the 0-5-0. Then I got back to work on the layout so took half the stuff off to make room to work.

--Randy
Modeling the Reading Railroad of the 1950's in HO

Visit my web site to see layout progress and other information:
http://www.readingeastpenn.com
Congratulations! I am looking forward to my own golden caulk moment, although no time soon. Excited to see your progress!

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
That's great! And, its REALLY MOTIVATING! Once trains are running you just want to work on the layout all the more!
Ralph
Cheers Worship 2285_ Worship 2285_ Cheers Worship 2285_ Cheers Worship

Dancing

YEA!!!!! party time..
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Randy, Welcome to the Full Circle bunch. Ain't it a greeat feeling.
Looking forward to progress pictures.
Charlie
Congratulations on your "Magic Moment"! Thumbsup