Beginnings-Where we started
Good idea to start this thread!

Here is a pic of my first attempt at building a layout about 6 years ago when I got back into the hobby after being away from it for 35 years. I did not finish this layout and it did not get far beyond the stage you can see in this pic. Unfortunately I don’t have any pics of the layout that I had when I was a child.

[Image: first_attempt.jpg]
Kurt
Well, as long as we are talking a few years back. here is one from about 1990 amd then two showing the same area today.

[Image: eastydlg.jpg]

[Image: 0083a.jpg]

[Image: 0081a.jpg]
e-paw Wrote:Here's my Americanised version of a Beyer-Garrett. I did it when I was about 14 years old (I think). She still runs.

I remember it. It was a good use for a old American Flyier hudson boiler.
" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!!
A photo from a 1980s layout of mine.
frank    

A Aristo Craft Columbia is nose to nose with a Mantua Mini Roller. Behind it is a ANNA Varney Little Joe, A ANNA Mantua General, A ANNA ahm Boker, A ANNA ahm or bachmann 0-6-0t, A Triang 4-4-0, and out of sight is a Tyco 4-8-0 in very early ANNA paint.

Here is a upgrade to a longer turntable and a stick built roundhouse in progress
Another old photo of a long gone layout. A kitbashed B&O Hayes 10 wheeler.
frank, DAD

Happy to see this thread back again. We've got some new members here, and the "beginning shots" are great incentives.
....................and we all are still learning, and improving.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!