Cars are ready to tour
eightyeightfan1 Wrote:I still have them from the first Ol' Blue tour. Don't know where they came from, who's they were, or who made them.
But they are here with me. And still in pretty good shape.

They are printed on card stock. A couple have bass wood floors, weighted with I'm guessing pennies. The rest are just all completly card stock.

If anyone remembers who did the artwork speak up, I want to make some containers!
-Dave
Puddlejumper Wrote:If anyone remembers who did the artwork speak up, I want to make some containers!
I still have copies of the old Gauge artwork, although I didn't create it. I also have copies of the new Big Blue, and Big Blue & Gauge that I did create.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Both the HO and N car tour lists have been updated:

Chuck is first to receive the N car first
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=4004">viewtopic.php?f=66&t=4004</a><!-- l -->

iis612 is first to receive the HO car
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=4003">viewtopic.php?f=65&t=4003</a><!-- l -->

BOTH Lists Subject To Change Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Anyone else want to join in??????
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
eightyeightfan1 Wrote:Last time, we also had these:
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

I still have them from the first Ol' Blue tour. Don't know where they came from, who's they were, or who made them.
But they are here with me. And still in pretty good shape.
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

They are printed on card stock. A couple have bass wood floors, weighted with I'm guessing pennies. The rest are just all completly card stock.

I did some hunting. Best I can uncover is that "rockislandmike" built the containers, and was going to try to post the templates as a PDF ( 11-10-2003 ). Never saw the PDF. First photos posted in the "Gauge Boxcar-World Tour '03" thread ( http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.p...world+tour ) at zealot were the ones I posted on 10/31/2003.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Something caught my eye on my layout while I was working on my bench and spotted this consist rolling by. Luckily, I had my camera nearby and was able to get off a couple of shots before it went into the tunnel.            
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Well, I saw this rumbling by on the "G" MF&W RR. No - this isn't a "Tour" car - it's one I labeled, since we don't have that many "G" scale people here Smile Smile Smile

It was being towed by the President's Office, The Natural Gas Powered "Outhouse Engine" Icon_lol

~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

O.K.! Now that one REALLY had me laughing!

With a definite ban on profanity and "off-color" jokes, that kind of fun
was "HIGH HUMOR" growing up in the Methodist Minister's Parsonage!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
LOL! Even has the hazardous material placard on the door!

--Randy
Modeling the Reading Railroad of the 1950's in HO

Visit my web site to see layout progress and other information:
http://www.readingeastpenn.com
I think it stands for combustible, or flammable gas Eek Eek
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

ngauger Wrote:It was being towed by the President's Office, The Natural Gas Powered "Outhouse Engine" Icon_lol
Hmmmmm, I don't see an exhaust pipe/stack........Is this more like a jet, using Ayeman Ohltfahrdt's principle to convert the energy of Bio-Gas technology into a form of maneuvering "thruster" ??
In any case, that white car, won't be white for long ! Sad Icon_twisted Icon_twisted
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:Hmmmmm, I don't see an exhaust pipe/stack........Is this more like a jet, using Ayeman Ohltfahrdt's principle to convert the energy of Bio-Gas technology into a form of maneuvering "thruster" ??
In any case, that white car, won't be white for long ! Sad Icon_twisted Icon_twisted

I never asked the designers "how" it works either Big Grin Big Grin But it does move!! Smile It's noisy too Eek

It's running with an old trolley drive underneath and the gears are just a bit loud Sad Nope Nope Nope
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Sumpter250 Wrote: ... Ayeman Ohltfahrdt ...

ROFLMAO!!!!

Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol

... tears now running down my cheeks ... my dear departed Dad would have loved that one!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Well this is what Big Blue stands for:

Members getting involved in different things that interest them Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

In this case, 19 members of Big Blue want to have the HO 2 & 10 Year Anniversary Special car visit them! Thumbsup Thumbsup

We are now thinking that the tour could last in the US for 32 weeks (with delays it will be longer) and then in Canada for about 2 more months!!!

If we send the car out in the first week of March, it will be November before it crosses the border and will be in Canada at least 'till Christmas! A most memorable "Anniversary" tour!!!

Anyone else want to join in?? The more the merrier!!! and remember the N Gauge 2 & 10 Year Anniversary Special car!! We only have a few members on that list so far!! If you want to join in - PM me or ezdays or reply to this thread - I'll add you in!!!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

You can sign me up for the Canadian N Scale tour.
That light at the end of the Tunnel isn't heaven.........ITS A TRAIN!

My Railpictures.net Pictures
My Ramblings and Pictures
Trains Winnipeg Wrote:You can sign me up for the Canadian N Scale tour.
Pm Me your address Smile Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75