HO Tour Car Pictures
The Yardmaster at Williams Yard is a friend of mine and agreed to call me when he learned that the BB&G car arrived in Kings Port. I just got off the phone with him. Its in town! Kudos to the Detroit Connecting and the Hogsback and Southern for their speedy service. Thumbsup I'm told the car has LCL of auto parts and is expected to be added to the next Kings Port local. I'll get myself up early enough to catch the Morning Turn out of Williams tomorrow!

Ralph
SD9 6922 usually pulls yard duty but today is making up its own train since it will be the power for a short local serving industries right around Kings Port. The BB&G car makes its first appearance!
[Image: IMG_2233.jpg]

My friend Dave took a shot of me taking a photo of the car as it crosses Ulster Ave.
[Image: IMG_2236.jpg]

The car carries Less than a Car Load so it is spotted at the Kings Port Cooperative Team Track
[Image: IMG_2238.jpg]

When I heard that the load was auto parts I was a little confused since there are no auto plants on the Kings Port Division. Then I remembered Professor Aldous Flowers! The good professor teaches popular Intro to Chemistry and Hydroponic Horticulture classes at the Community College. An ecologist, he organized the Earth Day Parade in town last year. As a sideline business he is trying to invent an automobile that runs on water. He's created his own small company in his garage called "Flower Power Motors" and he apparently purchases parts from Detroit that he cannot manufacture himself. Professor Flowers (waiting in his VW Bug while the car has been unloaded) is an eccentric...but he's our eccentric, and we wish him every success. Thumbsup
[Image: IMG_2239.jpg]

A few hours later the shadows are growing long and it won't be long before darkness falls. The BB&G car is expected to be picked up tomorrow for its return to Williams Yard. I'm told that after that the car will be included on a transfer run to the Car Float in West Mill, a Kings Port & Western operation that will ship the car to its next destination. The evening RDC commuter zips by as the sun sets.
[Image: IMG_2242.jpg]

More to come!
Ralph
Great photos! I see you did not get run off the RR property by the Po Po. It must have been the coat that threw off the police! Nice storyline too. I look forward to the rest of your photos!
Chuck
Detroit Connecting
We are your
inner-city connection.
Woah, great pictures Ralph!
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Great pics...!! That Kingsport is a fine place for railfanning...as that ubiqutous photographer can attest.... Goldth
Gus (LC&P).
SEVERAL DAYS LATER...

The Penn Central apparently lost track of the car! It sat at the Kings Port Coop Team Track for the longest time. But it turns out that this worked well for the Catskill Mountain Rain Gear Company which makes rugged outdoor wear. They needed to send a LCL of their slickers and boots to a customer out in the wet wilds of Washington State. Once the railroad realized the car was still at the team track they made arrangements with Catskill Mountain to take advantage of the idle car. Finally loaded and ready to get on its way The BB&G car is added to a transfer run to West Mill.

Some of KP Steel's mills loom in the background while passengers waiting for the next commuter get a chance to see the notable boxcar as it leaves town.
[Image: IMG_2245.jpg]

The train fights the grade until it reaches Marion Curve...
[Image: IMG_2246.jpg]

I catch the boxcar at a rural crossing while another fan looks on. The farmer and his dog in the foreground seemed indifferent! Don't they know this doesn't happen every day!?!
[Image: IMG_2247.jpg]

Arrival at West Mill and crossing Railroad Ave in front of Ralph's Pretty good Grocery..
[Image: IMG_2249.jpg]

The BB&G car and others are dropped off at the Float Yard. That's Empire Grain in the background.
[Image: IMG_2250.jpg]

A Kings Port & Western switcher pushes the BB&G car onto the float.
[Image: IMG_2251.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2252.jpg]

It was great to have a chance to run the BB&G anniversary car on my layout. Now it travels west (and back in time, I believe)!

Safe rails!!!
Ralph
I am enjoying this.
A Kings Port & Western switcher pushes the BB&G car onto the float.
"Under way, shift colors"........I've left a car or two on "Gauge layouts", and I have a few "Gauge layout" cars here, but this is the first time I've had a chance to send out a car, and see its travels so well documented.........and I get to follow the adventures of the N scale car too! 8-) 8-)
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Love the scenery Ralph!! Big Grin Great pics and story Smile Smile Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
With all the terrific pictures of beautiful scenery shown so far, I feel a bit under-dressed. All the same, here's my VIDEO I put together showing the BB&G car at Pinto on my Ocali Creek Railway. No scenery, no sound, but operating action (and a shay, too!)

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1N6pi_WeWc">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1N6pi_WeWc</a><!-- m -->

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
Cool Galen! Nice to see the car in motion and I love the Shay. Great plug for the forum at the end too! Thumbsup
Ralph
Great shots everyone... Cheers
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Great Video! Big Grin Big Grin Love the Shay!! The ending was a nice touch too Big Grin Big Grin Thanks!!!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
I have pics from when the car was on my layout. If anyone can tell me how to import pics from my iPhone, please send me a PM and explain it to me. I am completely clueless. After seeing the contributions from the others, I am not sure I want to add mine.

Matt
Don't follow me, I'm lost too.
iis612 Wrote:I have pics from when the car was on my layout. If anyone can tell me how to import pics from my iPhone, please send me a PM and explain it to me. I am completely clueless. After seeing the contributions from the others, I am not sure I want to add mine.

Matt

Matt -

Do you sync your iPhone with your computer? If yes, you are probably using iTunes to do it. If that is the case, there are settings about what to do with the pictures you take on the phone. Being an Apple product, the iPhone is probably looking for iPhoto on your machine.

If none of this is familiar, please let me know the specifics of your situation (hardware, software) and perhaps I can give you some more directed suggestions.

Andrew
Yes please share the pictures, no matter how bad you think they are. I was a little hesitant to share my offering but I figured it's about celebrating the forum's anniversary and after seeing it on the layouts I'm inspired to work on my own.

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!