N Tour Car Pictures
Lester Perry Wrote:At 15 years old n gauge probably works good but when you become an old man you will have to give up n scale. I don't know how you even get it on the track.

N scale is HUGE------------compared to 1:700 scale.
" I don't know how you even get it on the track " I built a "railer" for N scale, just like the one I built for HOn3. Big Grin Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
ngauger Wrote:I have to agree with Lester - That's why I switched to "G" Eek Goldth Goldth...
Speak for yourself you guys, or if I read you right, you would not consider me as being old. :o Consider this, I'm still doing N scale and as you know, I'm a month or so into my 77th year. Oh yeah, it was about eight year ago when I chose N scale over HO, and G wasn't even in the picture. Nope

Maybe you guys need a thicker pair of glasses, eh????? 790_smiley_picking_a_fight
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Actually the flux was divided between two businesses in Velmora. Half of it went to a munitions plant, the other half went to a local fuel dealership. They've been looking for something to give them an edge on the competition, and I think they found their stuff. Mr. Armald (the owner of Velmora Coal & Fuel) told us he is very impressed, and will hopefully be ordering many more loads for himself.
ezdays Wrote:Maybe you guys need a thicker pair of glasses, eh????? 790_smiley_picking_a_fight

Optivisor, 5X----------------When you work an eye splice in "sewing Thread", you need "a thicker pair of glasses" !! Eek

And Don? I'm half way into my 68th year------1:700 scale, everything that is white, has been scratchbuilt, and added:

After 1:700, even Zn3 sounds big ! Big Grin Big Grin 357
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
The next day: one more round, comin' right up!

After being loaded with it's tank ammunition load, the morning local was dispatched to pick up the car, as well as the other two cars left out the evening before.

[Image: Picture038.jpg]
Headin' out.

[Image: Picture042.jpg]
Hooked up to the other two cars

[Image: Picture043.jpg]
Under Blue Mtn. Yard

[Image: Picture044.jpg]
Departing tunnel under Blue Mtn. Yard

[Image: Picture046.jpg]
Switchback moves to get at the branch track

[Image: Picture047.jpg]
Heading down the branch main

[Image: Picture048.jpg]
The cars are replaced on the branch pickup track for delivery by the branch local

[Image: Picture049.jpg]
back on the engine storage track
I must say I like your power. That yellow and blue looks pretty good. Do you by chance model C&O ?
Les
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.lesterperry.webs.com/">http://www.lesterperry.webs.com/</a><!-- m --> Check it out
http://www.youtube.com/lesterperry/
Nope. This is my own modern-day freelance line, the North Point Railway. That engine is a friends' that I hang on to. He lets me use it for photo sessions.
Hi All:
The Tour Car arrived in sunny hot North Fort Myers this past Saturday, May 21. The first thing I took the liberty to do was send the car to repair for a temporary replacement of the coupler/trucks. It has rapido couplers and I had a spare set of knuckle coupler/trucks that I installed temporairly so I could run on our Tidewater N-Trak Layout at my club, Scale Rails of Southwest Florida ( <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.scalerails.org/">http://www.scalerails.org/</a><!-- m --> ).
[Image: NScaleTourCar-TidewaterLayout009.jpg]
Temporary couplers/trucks installed

[Image: NScaleTourCar-TidewaterLayout001.jpg]
Then it was onto the layout and over to the Box Plant to pick up "potato boxes". The box plant is on the puzzle part of our layout where we have a "Time Saver" and an Inglenook puzzle.

[Image: NScaleTourCar-TidewaterLayout002.jpg]
A closer shot of the box plant where the potato boxes were being loaded. The boxes will make sense in a couple of pictures.

[Image: NScaleTourCar-TidewaterLayout003.jpg]
Leaving the box plant the Tour Car passes the Antique Car show that was in progress.
It was then on to hook up with the Maine Potato Cars and deliver a load of potatos...now the potato boxes make sense.

[Image: NScaleTourCar-TidewaterLayout007.jpg]
Leaving the town of Tidewater crossing over the main street. The Tour Car loaded with boxes leads the way for the potato cars.

[Image: NScaleTourCar-TidewaterLayout008.jpg]
Looking up the main street, traffic is not too bad and not too many people were yelling at us to get the train moving.

[Image: NScaleTourCar-TidewaterLayout004.jpg]
Next it was out on the open mainline.

[Image: NScaleTourCar-TidewaterLayout005.jpg]
A closer shot showing some of our secenry details.

[Image: NScaleTourCar-TidewaterLayout006.jpg]
Another view out on the mainline, we had a dozen Maine Potato cars in the consist.

Tomorrow the Tour Car will be visiting a member of our clubs layout in South Fort Myers. I will get pictures as he has an outstanding layout.
Then it will be back to my "in progress" layout. I have a post "My Home Layout" in the N/Z Scale section of Big Blue. I hope to get some good pictures on my trestles.
Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

Great Pics and a beautiful story!! Smile Smile Too much fun!!!

Can't wait to see more! Smile Have fun with the car!!!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
ngauger Wrote:
Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

Great Pics and a beautiful story!! Smile Smile Too much fun!!!

Can't wait to see more! Smile Have fun with the car!!!!

Cheers

What more can I say, other than that I am having a great time seeing where both the N and HO cars have been and are going. Cheers Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Cheers
Hi All:
Today the Tour Car traveled south to Gary Randall's Columbia Division of the Union Pacific Railroad. Gary has a multi-level layout with a main yard, a coaling industry, container port, the City of Pendleton and some assorted businesses. The layout is Digitrax DCC and has code 55 track. Before the Tour Car went on on the line, I took some pictures of Gary's layout for you to see. It is still in progress, the container ship for his port is on the way, and I am sure he is continueing to upgrade with signals and controls.

[Image: NScaleTourCar-ColumbiaDivision-GaryRandall001.jpg]
The container port; the cardboard cutout indicates the location and size of the container ship to come.

[Image: NScaleTourCar-ColumbiaDivision-GaryRandall002.jpg]
A portion of his sizeable yard including a roundhouse and turntable for his Big Boy.

[Image: NScaleTourCar-ColumbiaDivision-GaryRandall003.jpg]
His main downtown area of Pendleton.

[Image: NScaleTourCar-ColumbiaDivision-GaryRandall004.jpg]
Plenty of coal is needed for his power plant.
It was now time for the Tour Car to make a run.

[Image: NScaleTourCar-ColumbiaDivision-GaryRandall005.jpg]
The Tour Car was led out of the yard behind Gary's Big Boy.

[Image: NScaleTourCar-ColumbiaDivision-GaryRandall006.jpg]
Out in the open among the great scenery on Gary's layout. Gary couldn't let the Big Boy really get rolling because of his code 55 track and the temporary wheels didn't compliment each other.

[Image: NScaleTourCar-ColumbiaDivision-GaryRandall007.jpg]
Headed across the high trestle, the going was a bit slow but an enjoyable trip.

[Image: NScaleTourCar-ColumbiaDivision-GaryRandall008.jpg]
Once they arrived in Pendleton, a switcher took the Tour Car over to make his deilver.

One more stop for the Tour Car and that is at my "In Progress" layout at home.
Excellent work. Excellent pictures. Might I ask, what ever happened to Colonial Arms' tank rounds?
RR: Quite honestly I did not see your paperwork until I was packing the car up to return to Mikey. My apologies but I put the papers in a file and just missed your contents.

Today was time to go for a short run on "my home layout". As I have said previously, it is a work in progress and if another car tour is held next year I hope to show much progress in my layout. The Tour Car was able to head out on the mainline, and was the first car to follow a sound car that I have just finished building....well almost finished.

[Image: MyHomeLayout001.jpg]
The Tour Car is following my new sound car and leading several beer refers which are plentiful on the layout. A Kato SD70 was the pulling power.

[Image: MyHomeLayout002.jpg]
Next it was across "Bald Gorge" trestle. This is a scratch built trestle, one of three in parallel.

[Image: MyHomeLayout003.jpg]
Another view crossing "Bald Gorge".

[Image: MyHomeLayout004.jpg]
Going over top of an AC4400, with another SD70 pulling a string of beer can cars overhead. As I make progress on the layout, I am hoping this will be a very scenic section with three trains in the same scene on different levels.
The Tour Car has been a lot of fun and I was most interested in getting it on to our Tidewater N-Trak club layout and Gary's Columbia Division of the Union Pacific as these layouts are very well along in their development.
I should have the car headed to Mikey tomorrow.