N Tour Car Pictures
You stole my idea man. That's alright, now I need to do a little thinking.
Les
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.lesterperry.webs.com/">http://www.lesterperry.webs.com/</a><!-- m --> Check it out
http://www.youtube.com/lesterperry/
Herc Driver Wrote:Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol
Catt is right, the "N" in n scale stands for "NORMAL". Some people aren't aware of this. Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
ezdays Wrote:
ngauger Wrote:
Too Funny!!!

Great Pictures!!!

I'm glad the "normal" sized car arrived on schedule, it made for an even better scene. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Waddoyamean, "Normal"??? That N scale is a normal sized car, it's the other one that's giant sized. Geese, some people look at N scale as half the size of HO. We here look at N scale as normal and HO as twice normal size. 35 35
Cheers

Wallbang Curse Eek Curse Wallbang Both "shipping crates", were equipped with pressure valves intended to prevent just this disaster. When the cargo bay depressurized one of the valves failed, and the car, a n d the crate expanded to almost twice the size!!
:oops: :o :? On the other hand, it could be the smaller one that failed, in an "over-pressure situation", and was compressed !! Eek
OK here's what we'll do.....send the larger one on as an HO car, and the smaller one as an N car, and don't say anything about what's happened here.

LGM Tequila indeed! Wallbang
357 357 357
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
ezdays Wrote:
ngauger Wrote:
Too Funny!!!

Great Pictures!!!

I'm glad the "normal" sized car arrived on schedule, it made for an even better scene. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Waddoyamean, "Normal"??? That N scale is a normal sized car, it's the other one that's giant sized. Geese, some people look at N scale as half the size of HO. We here look at N scale as normal and HO as twice normal size. 35 35

Wait!!! If N is for "normal" Then ... what's "G"????? Eek Eek Eek
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
GIANT
Les
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.lesterperry.webs.com/">http://www.lesterperry.webs.com/</a><!-- m --> Check it out
http://www.youtube.com/lesterperry/
P5se Camelback,

Here are some pictures of the overall Hamtramck Assembly Plant scene on my layout. I am not sure if I am going to keep the grey building on the left or replace it with something else, like maybe an oil house or something. If I do put a building there, I'll add a spur to it.

[Image: IMG_7987.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7989.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7988.jpg]

The skeleton building is several Korber kits I have collected through the years. The little grey building is the old Magnuson Brachs candy factory. The Russel Industrial and the old Packard Plant is my inspiration for this building:

[Image: DSC08157.jpg]
[Image: DSC08161.jpg]

Both are found in Detroit -- the Russel is right on Milwaukee Junction and the Packard plant is south and west of there (what's left of it anyway). One of these days I will find some time to actually build the plant....
Chuck
Detroit Connecting
We are your
inner-city connection.
Chuck Wrote:... The Russell Industrial and the old Packard Plant are my inspiration for this building:

[Image: DSC08157.jpg]
[Image: DSC08161.jpg]

Chuck Wrote:Both are found in Detroit -- the Russell is right on Milwaukee Junction and the Packard plant is south and west of there (what's left of it anyway). One of these days I will find some time to actually build the plant. Chuck

Good Grief!!!

I'd heard that there are some sections of Detroit that have been enduring "tough times," but that looks like a WAR ZONE! Was that photo take during demolition ... or is that "just how it is?"
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
That whole 'normal' thing breaks down with HO and O - if HO is "horribly oversized" the how can O, which is even bigger, be simply "oversized"? Icon_lol Icon_lol

--Randy
Modeling the Reading Railroad of the 1950's in HO

Visit my web site to see layout progress and other information:
http://www.readingeastpenn.com
Well, Detroit looks like that in a lot of areas, especially the industrial ones. The Russell industrial is a massive building -- it looks like several buildings, but it was all one industrial complex at one time -- there are huge sections of the building that are being rebuilt, others are still in use, and then there are the sections that have fallen into disrepair like the one in the photo. Go to Bing maps and type in Milwaukee Junction, Detroit. The building/complex is in the north west corner of the junction (it used to be a diamond). The second photo is of the Packard Plant which is being slowly torn down. There are few sections of the building that are intact and being used; most of it has fallen into itself. Unfortunately, there are many areas of Detroit that do look like the photos. I love going back to my hometown and poking around those old industrial areas -- I don't know what it is about those old buildings, but I am fascinated by them. I am planning a "railfan trip" to go poking around the junction and Fisher Body plant area in a couple of weeks -- I'll post some photos on the Blue.

Chuck
Detroit Connecting
We are your
inner-city connection.
Thanks, Chuck.

What a shame that a once-great city like Detroit, long known as the "Automotive Capital of the World" has fallen into such a sad state of disrepair

It is a truly depressing sight!

Sad
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
OK...The Normal box car made its way from the dilapidated remains of Detroit, to the LC&P's PeNNsilvania branch in PiNeywood....

A small peddler freight makes its daily rounds to Pineywood, headed by an older E unit...

[Image: 4.jpg]

with the Big Blue boxcar trailing happily behind...

[Image: 2.jpg]

The folks at the hardware store hope their order of 300 motor-saws will be on that funny white/blue boxcar...

[Image: 6.jpg]

No such luck, as the train barely stopped to pick up a badly needed grease gun to lube a hotbox...Then proceeded on its way...

[Image: 9.jpg]

Its destination is a closely guarded secret, though rumor has it it'll be going to the swamp lands of LouisiaNa...

So, from the PiNeywoods of PeNNsilvaNia...So long....

[Image: 5.jpg]

I had a lot of fun with that little critter...The "layout" is a little loop I built for my kids a looooonnngggg time ago. So long, that one of them has made me a Granpa already... 357 The train set was given to me by my ol' man when I went off to college-Guess he figured I might stray from the path if I didn't have a train close by....

Next batter....
Gus (LC&P).
Great Pics and story Smile Smile Glad you enjoyed hosting it for a bit Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

................and I thought building it was fun. Watching the car's travels makes it all worth while. 2285_
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
I bet it was fun.... 357

Has anybody thought of doing a batch up and putting them up for sale..??
Gus (LC&P).
Steamtrains Wrote:I bet it was fun.... 357

Has anybody thought of doing a batch up and putting them up for sale..??
If you mean the Big Blue cars.. We are auctioning them off to support the fees for keeping the board online and ad-free. We are also auctioning off some extra cars in the next few months.

If anyone would like to build their own car(s) we would sell them the HO and/or N template for a very fair price, Big Grin Big Grin again, to support this bulletin board. But the artwork, both the logo at the top of each page and on the cars are owned exclusively by ezdays & I. Smile ezdays did all the artwork Thumbsup Thumbsup

We welcome you to bid on any of the upcoming auctions, keep an eye on "new posts" to see when we post the auctions. All these cars are a "One Time" scheme, in celebrating our 2nd and 10th anniversary here (Big Blue) and The Gauge.

Here is the auction/anniversary information:
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=59">viewforum.php?f=59</a><!-- l -->
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75