Conrail Shared Assets Operation
Charlie B,

Out of the 13 NS engines still in CR Blue , 9 of them are the SD50s'. Nice pic

talltim,

Yes 8207 was still in service when that shot was taken in August of 2006. 8207 was one of three engines on a coal train at a power plant in Carneys Point, NJ.

Bruce
bdw9535 Wrote:talltim,

Yes 8207 was still in service when that shot was taken in August of 2006. 8207 was one of three engines on a coal train at a power plant in Carneys Point, NJ.

Bruce

Thanks, glad I asked, I had kinda made the erroneous assuption the pictures were all current (or last year anyway)
Tim David
talltim,

Should have added that 8207 was retired by NS on 7/708. Most of my pics usually have the month and year under the pic.

Bruce
CA-11 with CSX power at Carneys Point, NJ        

Bridgeport, NJ    

Bruce
Haven't updated this thread in some time. While out today caught one of NS newest SD70ACe's on CSAO MI-21, at the yard in Millville, NJ.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

Some visitors to South Jersey this past week

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

CA-20 at Pennsauken

CA-51 at Winslow dropping cars for the SRNJ    

CA-51 at Folsom with a car for Atlantic Sweetners    

CA-51 at Tuckahoe    

Bruce
Very interesting thread and thanks for the inspiring photos. I've been reading and map researching as part of my model railroad planning. I've struggled with identifying customers switched still or going back to 2007. I hope then to be able to research types of cars switched at customers etc.

I don't know why but I'm attracted to Vineland from some photos I've seen.

If anyone could direct me to any information or would like to comment directly here I'd truly appreciate it. I'm based in the UK so I have to railfan from a great distance:-)

Many thanks and warm regards,

Steve.
UK Engineering fan, from the tiny artistically engineered to the huge and powerful
Engfanuk Wrote:Very interesting thread and thanks for the inspiring photos. I've been reading and map researching as part of my model railroad planning. I've struggled with identifying customers switched still or going back to 2007. I hope then to be able to research types of cars switched at customers etc.

I don't know why but I'm attracted to Vineland from some photos I've seen.

If anyone could direct me to any information or would like to comment directly here I'd truly appreciate it. I'm based in the UK so I have to railfan from a great distance:-)

Many thanks and warm regards,

Steve.

I live in this region, but I'm not 100% familiar with all the industries down here. What I would recommend though, is to download this Conrail ZTS chart. Vineland is in Zone 31. It will give you the track configuration and a list of industries, and other details. You may be able to glean what sort of freight and cars you need just from the information given!

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://multimodalways.org/docs/railroads/companies/CR/CR%20ZTS/CR%20Phila%20V4%20ZTS%2010-1994.pdf">http://multimodalways.org/docs/railroad ... 0-1994.pdf</a><!-- m -->

Next, I would use Bing Maps Birds Eye View to scope out what is still there, or if there have been any changes since 1994. This also helps identify the car types you might need. Here, the Birds Eye view is preferable to google earth because you can see more detail.

It might not be perfect, but it will give you a general idea. I'm not sure if Conrail Shared Assets continues to produce ZTS charts or something equivalent.

I hope this helps!
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Green_Elite_Cab Wrote:It might not be perfect, but it will give you a general idea. I'm not sure if Conrail Shared Assets continues to produce ZTS charts or something equivalent.

I hope this helps!

Thank you very much. I'm sure that will help. I've been using Google maps and street view but i will try your suggestion with Bing now too.

Steve.
UK Engineering fan, from the tiny artistically engineered to the huge and powerful
A CSX SD40-3 and UP SD70ACe were part of the power on MI-61 that brought down a 64 car empty grain train for the Winchester and Western overnight.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

Some shots from New Years Day
Engine house at Pavonia Yard, Camden

Pavonia Yard power doing classification switching

PA-40 at Paulsboro

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

A shot of Millville Yard and then MI-21 with two CSX locos,2771 GP38-2 and 4228 GP40-2 coupling up to NS 8907 a D9-40CW to become MI-61 for the trip to Camden.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

This is a short video of the rebuilding of the Delair RR Bridge that connects South Jersey to the Philadelphia PA area and beyond. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://vimeo.com/119197674">https://vimeo.com/119197674</a><!-- m -->

Bruce
Pavonia Yard, Camden

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)