PRR A5 0-4-0
AWESOME...!!!! Thumbsup

I've got one of those...(Actually two, but one is falling apart :cry: )
I just might try to do 'er up..... Goldth
Gus (LC&P).
Puddlejumper Wrote:Looks to me like it covered the top and had a swivel.

[Image: prr477s.jpg]
[Image: a5_09.jpg]
[Image: a5_10.jpg]
[Image: a5_13.jpg]
The Screened swivel thing by the stack is designed to catch hot embers and was used during the hot weather as switchers like to spend a lot of time on track with lots of weeds and fires were not welcomed, although the box like thing in front of the air pump contained a fire hose. Steam switchers sit and the fire can get ragged and when first starting up could send out a shower of sparks BigMac
I've joined this forum just to comment on this thread, and maybe start one of my own.

I am far from as skilled as you are, but have starting hacking on an Aristocraft 0-4-0, myself, and found your thread while searching for prototype resources.

Your build is stunning, and even more so in the smaller scale than my own! You make me wish I had more skill and more resources.

Here is how mine started out, when I bought it off Ebay:
[Image: yIdMJrf.jpg]

and here is the most recent photo of it after several hours of painting (I am not very good at painting):
[Image: i8JjeUu.jpg]

I have since made the grey much darker, and will post another update after I highlight some of the other details. I will not be doing plumbing like you did, I haven't the skill or resources to do that, and besides I already started painting..

I do not wish to hijack your thread, so am going to start one of my own on this loco. Here's a LINK if you're interested.

Mike, from DieCastoms.