Big Blue Railfan Thread
Seen June,6 in Bucyrus around 9:30 pm..A eastbound W&LE train with a HH GP35 pulling 3 Ornter aggregate hoppers and a single tank car.

This is the first time I seen W&LE operating over the CF&E in months.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
After I left the dentist this morning, I saw a train on the CN tracks through the center of town. It was pulled by two geeps (I think) lettered for GATX and Florida East Coast.
I don't remember seeing an FEC loco even when we were down in Florida last winter.

(cross posted in Hobo Campfire)
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Q090-24, the eastbound "Salad Shooter" produce train, passed Deshler this morning with three Union Pacific six-axles for power. Of note, it had a lone Norfolk Southern boxcar in the consist that is usually entirely white ARMN reefers.

As of July 18 CSX has begun operating a fleet of new trains between Chicago and its new intermodal facility at North Baltimore, Ohio. These trains are designed to interchange directly with western roads and (hopefully) streamline the process. Today I caught the new Q167-25 westbound at Deshler about noon made up of mostly international containers.
Effective with trains originating today, August 3, CSX is implementing a systemwide renumbering of intermodal trains. I'll have to see how it all shakes out but so far I can confirm that Q136 has become Q016.
NS stacked these up about a month ago at Col/San.

I'm told these will be used for positive train control.

[Image: 002-33.jpg]
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Brakie Wrote:NS stacked these up about a month ago at Col/San.

I'm told these will be used for positive train control.[/img]

I was there in July and there were already some there. As for PTC, that's just fancy talk for new signals.
CSX 4592 (ex-Conrail SD80MAC) trailing eastbound through Deshler, Ohio on Q380-19.
CSX and Union Pacific are running special trains for the delivery of new commuter cars to Metro-North and CDOT. The trains operate over CSX with a P976 symbol and those seen so far consist of a Union Pacific diesel and two two-unit passenger car sets. One is expected each week throughout 2012.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/railohio/6355603833/">http://www.flickr.com/photos/railohio/6355603833/</a><!-- m -->
As has been covered by the mainstream media, CSX had a three train collision/derailment in northwest Indiana on Friday. Since then they have been detouring trains on multiple routes. Trains with UPS traffic were operated on Norfolk Southern between northwest Indiana and suburban Cleveland; CSX train Q010-07 was observed today operating on NS in suburban Toledo with an 094 symbol. CSX train Q171-07 operated from North Baltimore, Ohio to Chicago via Michigan and was observed in the yard in Walbridge, Ohio.
Amtrak has raised the speed on most of its trackage in Michigan to 110mph effective Tuesday. Crews were out today checking crossing gate timing and debugging the ITCS system.

The Modesto & Empire Traction 2006 was spotted en route on Norfolk Southern in northwest Indiana today.

Norfolk Southern operated a 62A high-wide move for export combines eastbound as well. It passed New Carlisle, Indiana a little before 7pm today.

I will get photos of all this up in a few days.
Quad Graphics' private cars are bringing up the markers on the eastbound Capitol Limited tonight:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/railohio/8716790560">http://www.flickr.com/photos/railohio/8716790560</a><!-- m -->

So be on the lookout in the Northeast!
Looks like the Capitol Limited comes into Philly around 4, so I'll be at work Sad Sad Sad Bummer.....
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
It terminates in D.C.
railohio Wrote:It terminates in D.C.
I thought you meant they were headed Northbound into the Mid Atlantic States Smile

What time would the Capitol be leaving PHLl?
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
It doesn't. Chicago-Cleveland-Pittsburgh-Cumberland-Washington is the route. I don't know when or if the cars are traveling beyond D.C. yet. There's a chance they could end up in the Northeast or D.C. may be the final destination. Tune into your local foamer network for more information.