The lady on the phone
Mr Fixit Wrote:Ok I cant top Mikes story but I do have one related to this theme.

The school where I work [trying to maintain the place] is just near part of the main business district of Melbourne so we have people walking past all the time. Now one day I noticed this older middle aged Asian lady walking up and down beside the school talking on her mobile. I went into the workshop, did some things and headed out again 15 mins later, she is still there walking and talking on her phone. Half an hour later, I come back to see she is still there. One hour later, still there. Two hours later, still there. Finally after about two and a half hours she goes. Nope Thats a lot of talking on a mobile in my book. I mean what the hell do you talk about in all that time? :hey:

Im glad Im not paying her mobile phone bill. Wallbang

I still see her every week or two, walking slowly up and down and around the area, with the phone to her ear. Nope

I prefer to check out the models coming for auditions over the road and laugh when the boys fall over while drooling at them. 357 It happens. Serious.

Mark

It's a good story Mark. She might have unlimited minutes on her phone. What I want to know is what kind of battery she has to be able to talk that long.
I work in NYC and I'm always seeing models walking around. I never understood why guys go crazy over anyone so ridiculously skinny with nasty attitudes like the world revolves around them. I like to eat something in front of them just to watch them foam at the mouth.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Perhaps the recent news linking cell phone use and cancer might limit some long winded talkers from now on.
Mr Fixit Wrote:....I prefer to check out the models coming for auditions over the road.....

Mike Kieran Wrote:....I work in NYC and I'm always seeing models walking around....

So, neither of you guys own cameras...? Wink Misngth Misngth

Wayne
doctorwayne Wrote:So, neither of you guys own cameras...? Wink Misngth Misngth

Wayne

+1 Cheers
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Ralph Wrote:Perhaps the recent news linking cell phone use and cancer might limit some long winded talkers from now on.

It hasn't stopped smokers.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

nachoman Wrote:
doctorwayne Wrote:So, neither of you guys own cameras...? Wink Misngth Misngth

Wayne

+1 Cheers

Unfortunately, cops regularly arrest photographers for "unlawful surveilance."

The good news - my wife doesn't mind me taking pictures of trains.
The bad news - my wife does mind me taking pictures of other women.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

Mike Kieran Wrote:Unfortunately, cops regularly arrest photographers for "unlawful surveilance." .

Eek :?: Eek :?: Eek

What featherbrained nitwit got that law passed ? When I use a camera, I'm a tourist !!
It's when I'm using my eyes, that I'm --- "unlawfully surveill-ing." Icon_twisted Icon_twisted

Mike, just noticed that your from Brooklyn. I spent the first 17 years of my life, and graduated from High school, in Copiague. ( google it, there's only one )
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Ralph Wrote:Perhaps the recent news linking cell phone use and cancer might limit some long winded talkers from now on.

That was debunked a few years ago, now the late to the party WHO is back on the 'cell phones cause brain cancer' bandwagon but there has been no actual new study, they used existing data.

I take such things with a grain of salt. EVERYTHING will cause cancer at some point. Heck, you can kill yourself by drinking too much clean, pure water. In school, I handled mercury, now, if there's so much as 1 part per billion they call in the HAZMAT team.

ANd if there are actually any smokers who honestly belive that it is completely safe to inhale SMOKE of any kind into your lungs, well, I feel sorry for them.

--Randy
Modeling the Reading Railroad of the 1950's in HO

Visit my web site to see layout progress and other information:
http://www.readingeastpenn.com
Mike Kieran Wrote:
Mr Fixit Wrote:Ok I cant top Mikes story but I do have one related to this theme.

The school where I work [trying to maintain the place] is just near part of the main business district of Melbourne so we have people walking past all the time. Now one day I noticed this older middle aged Asian lady walking up and down beside the school talking on her mobile. I went into the workshop, did some things and headed out again 15 mins later, she is still there walking and talking on her phone. Half an hour later, I come back to see she is still there. One hour later, still there. Two hours later, still there. Finally after about two and a half hours she goes. Nope Thats a lot of talking on a mobile in my book. I mean what the hell do you talk about in all that time? :hey:

Im glad Im not paying her mobile phone bill. Wallbang

I still see her every week or two, walking slowly up and down and around the area, with the phone to her ear. Nope

I prefer to check out the models coming for auditions over the road and laugh when the boys fall over while drooling at them. 357 It happens. Serious.

Mark

It's a good story Mark. She might have unlimited minutes on her phone. What I want to know is what kind of battery she has to be able to talk that long.
I work in NYC and I'm always seeing models walking around. I never understood why guys go crazy over anyone so ridiculously skinny with nasty attitudes like the world revolves around them. I like to eat something in front of them just to watch them foam at the mouth.

Mike there is a special place in model Hell reserved just for you.
Port Able Railway Icon_lol
Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
Hey Mark, I figure why miss Heaven by inches Popcornbeer :evil: Icon_twisted
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

Sumter250,
How's this for weird. My sister and mom live in Amityville. But it gets stranger. I was born in Sumter, SC.

The unlawful surveillance law originally applied to people taking pictures up women's skirts. (Yes, women too). You would think that it would apply to women trying to look up kilts on St. Patrick's Day Cheers
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

Mike Kieran Wrote:The good news - my wife doesn't mind me taking pictures of trains.
The bad news - my wife does mind me taking pictures of other women.

This calls for some Monty Python...

Quote:Mr. Nudge: [Leers, Grinning] Your wife interested in err...
[Waggles Head, Leans across]
Mr. Nudge: photographs, eh? Know what I mean? Photographs, 'he asked him knowingly'.
Man at Pub: Photography?
Mr. Nudge: Yes. Nudge, nudge. Snap, snap. Grin, grin. Wink, wink, say no more?
Man at Pub: Holiday snaps?
Mr. Nudge: Could be, could be taken on holiday. Could be yes - swimming costumes. Know what I mean. Candid photography. Know what I mean, nudge nudge.
Man at Pub: No, no we don't have a camera
Mr. Nudge: Oh. Still
[slaps hand lightly twice]
Mr. Nudge: Whoa! Eh? Wo-oah! Eh?
Man at Pub: Look, are you insinuating something?
Mr. Nudge: Oh... no... no... Yes.

Wink Wink Big Grin Big Grin

Andrew