We are wondering what you think about this....
Thank you all for your suggestions, we can wait another week or so before we try to sort through the names, in the meantime, keep them coming.

As a more serious suggestion than my last one 35 I was thinking with my fingers rather than my brain and came up with these:
  • Intercontinental Interconnecting Railway

The Great Multi-Country Railroad

The Continental & Global Express Line

The Greenwich & Meridian (in reference to the international date line)

Yeah, it's kind of hard coming up with something global and avoid being specific to an area.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
World Wide Rail?
Trans-Global Rail
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Quote:The Greenwich & Meridian (in reference to the international date line)

I likes this one. Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup and dis onetwo :mrgreen:
Quote:Wearenda Whirld Ahrwey & Wie
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Alliance Railway

Pangaea Trans Rail

Unified Rails

G.L.O.B.A.L Rail Corp. (Goods Loaded On Bulk Allied Lines)
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
tomustang Wrote:Pangaea Trans Rail

That was a great Railroad! ---- Until the Tectonic Plate Movement, caused the " breakup their monopoly ".
Icon_lol Icon_lol 357 357 Confusedhock:
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
In earlier posts on this thread, I brought up reporting marks because if we went with a global rail entity, we would need reporting marks for the equipment.
If our railroads lease rolling stock from the parent corporation, we could assign the reporting marks to the locomotives like Pioneer Rail does with the Kendallville Terminal Railroad by putting it's leasing company reporting marks (PREX) on the side of the cab of its SW8.

I would also stick with a corporate name that would fit in an earlier time frame like Global Lines (GLRX) or Greenwich & Meridian Lines (GMLX). Lines was a more popular term versus industries or rail corporation.

May I also suggest corporate colors? I vote blue and yellow because it's so much easier to get rolling stock in those colors.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Mike Kieran Wrote:In earlier posts on this thread, I brought up reporting marks because if we went with a global rail entity, we would need reporting marks for the equipment.
If our railroads lease rolling stock from the parent corporation, we could assign the reporting marks to the locomotives like Pioneer Rail does with the Kendallville Terminal Railroad by putting it's leasing company reporting marks (PREX) on the side of the cab of its SW8.

I would also stick with a corporate name that would fit in an earlier time frame like Global Lines (GLRX) or Greenwich & Meridian Lines (GMLX). Lines was a more popular term versus industries or rail corporation.

May I also suggest corporate colors? I vote blue and yellow because it's so much easier to get rolling stock in those colors.
I'm glad to see you're giving thought to reporting marks and colors. One thing I do is to make my own decals using an inkjet printer. Yellow and blue are good colors to use on decals, which is one of the reasons that our Big Blue logo has yellow in it. The Blue, well that's our birthright. Big Grin

We need to emphasis once again that we do want this road to be a separate entity from Big Blue or The Gauge. There is a whole spectrum of blue and even yellow though, but one thing at a time. Right now we're looking for a name that will work in any era or location. That's our focus. :ugeek:
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Absolutely Don, It's just that I believe that image must also be considered in the concept. It helps shape the corporate vision because we are doing steam era and diesel eras.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

Mike Kieran Wrote:Absolutely Don, It's just that I believe that image must also be considered in the concept. It helps shape the corporate vision because we are doing steam era and diesel eras.
Yup, lots to do when you're putting a business like this together. We did talk about having era specific set of heralds, not just one fits all. We're thinking about issuing stock certificates, and one thing just occurred to me, we may have to come up with a universal monetary system. The dollar, euro, krone, yen or peso may not work. We need something that floats on the world market, so we may need some suggestions on how to value our stock without getting arrested for selling false securities without a license. Wink Bernie Madoff, here we come. 357 357
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
How about the Sims currency, Simoleans. Aren't you glad that you opened that can of worms with the Pandora's Box label? Icon_lol
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

Mike Kieran Wrote:How about the Sims currency, Simoleans. Aren't you glad that you opened that can of worms with the Pandora's Box label? Icon_lol
Yup, but here in Arizona we open up a can of snakes, usually diamondbacks... Icon_twisted Shoot

And yes, that's a good start on a monetary system, the Simolean. 357 357
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
27 World Championships - 1. I'm not worried Big Grin . Just be glad you're not a Red Sox fan, I have a history of busting on them. Icon_lol You want to see something hilarious, take a look at these New Era commercials between Yankees fan Alec Baldwin and Red Sox fan Jon Krasinski regarding the rivalry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e57dlq7ZA4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjmvsc22OFw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ORuTfi7LP0
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

Mike Kieran Wrote:Absolutely Don, It's just that I believe that image must also be considered in the concept. It helps shape the corporate vision because we are doing steam era and diesel eras.

Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol

Not what you said, but what I thought --- Steam and Diesel... but Nope that does not mean Fossil fueled Icon_twisted 357
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Just thought I'd check and see if anyone has come up with some new names for this new railway that we can consider. We've got some good suggestions, some that are serious, a few that are, shall we say, light-hearted. Let's think about this, since I guess the next step is going to be to choose a name.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and