Nantahala Midland V 3.0
To add some more "wet" to the water I topped it off with a couple of coats of Future floor wax. While it looks very wet to the eye the camera has a hard time focusing on something that is translucent and this is the best I could get.

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
OK, Mike... You win! That's the best looking water I've ever seen on a layout... hard to believe it's not the real deal.

Bob
[
Thanks Bob, much appreciated!
Mike

Other than adding a few more trees I'm done with the creek area. In the one pic you can see some green painted foam in the upper left corner. It represents about 3 square feet of my 14 square foot layout. All this time and I only have 11 square feet done? I don't know if I will live long enough to get the staging yards built ! Icon_lol

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike

Hi,

that looks realy great - congratulation for the wounderfull scenery.
And I'm sure you'll get the last remaining area also done with a lot of fun and some nice scenery.

Have fun, Gerd
Thanks Gerd!
Mike

Big Grin That "switch panel", in the first picture? --- has to feel about as nervous as the "Ark" on day one of the "40 days, and 40 nights". Eek 357
I do hope you've got it well "water"proofed. 357 357
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
You didn't look close enough Pete, it's recessed so it has a "roof" over it's head! Icon_lol
Mike

Icon_lol Cheers Icon_lol

Yup !! Icon_twisted 357 ............until the wind blows in the wrong direction ! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

That's still some beautifully modeled water !! Thumbsup Thumbsup
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Thanks Pete!
Mike

Fantastic work Tyson! It's getting better and better... Are you trying fo perfection? ;-)

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/
"Are you trying fo perfection?"

Thanks for the kind words Matt and yes I'm trying for perfection ( aren't we all? Eek ) even though I know I will never get there but I have to shoot for or at something! Icon_lol
Mike

Tyson Rayles Wrote:"Are you trying fo perfection?"

Thanks for the kind words Matt and yes I'm trying for perfection ( aren't we all? Eek ) even though I know I will never get there but I have to shoot for or at something! Icon_lol

That's the best attitude out there. THe best thing about perfection is that though you can't reach it, you can improve endlessly... Nothing is more boring than an easily realized dream! Long live to model railroading! ;-)

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/
I do always enjoy looking at your layout. The beautiful nature with lots of green, trees, water etc. is a like sweets for my eyes Thumbsup
Reinhard
Thanks Reinhard, much appreciated!
Mike