Nantahala Midland V 3.0
Thought it might be appropriate to "plug this in now".....
A Nantahala Midland box car, ( in Horribly Oversize scale Wink ) that found it's way on to the Cindys Harbor line, crossing the Kennequogue river bridge at Cindys Harbor.
Ahead of the F7a are the FTa, and FTb.

We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Yeah, I figured by now those axle journals have gotten so bad you would need three engines to push it down the track! 35 Icon_lol
Good to see it's still earning it's keep as are the two Cindy's Harbor box cars are down here in NC. I just need to get fresh batteries for the camera so I can prove it. Eek
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Tyson
wasn't it you that went into hospital, and the Gauge found out which one, and drove the switchboard mad asking to talk to Tyson Rayles?

Layout's looking good.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Yes David it was! Icon_lol I appreciated it very much but the hospital didn't.
Mike

I forgot that the batteries in the camera were rechargeable! Got them recharged just in time to catch an pair of Cindy's Harbor boxcars crossing the Little Tennessee river on their way to the L&N interchange in Murphy N.C.

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike

Nice shot! Love that bridge scene! Thumbsup
Thanks Ralph!
Mike

Catt has finally embarrassed me into getting back to work on the layout. Crazy I'm removing the temporary staging yard on the east end of the layout and adding a bigger yard with more tracks and storage. The old yard area will be turned into scenery. The first pic is where the old yard was and the next two are progress pics on the new yard.

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike

That's great work! Thumbsup
Mike, :wait: Applause :wait: Applause :wait: Applause :wait: Thumbsup Thumbsup
Good to see your working on the NM again.I'm seriously considering starting a new thread on the GVR,with the N scale first, the Z second, and the HO in third place.I'm also trying to decide if I am actually crazy enough to letter NATAHALA MIDLAND in all three scales on boxcars or just go with a large NM on the rightg with reporting marks on the left.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Thanks MountainMan! Catt I'll have to get around to making at least three NM boxcars for slave service between the sawmill in Robbinsville and the industries in Tellico and Murphy and I'm going with the large NM Cheers instead of printing out the full name so go easy on yourself and do the same. Thumbsup BTW they will be orange with black roofs.
Mike

O.K. the staging yard is done. Track glued down and wired and tested. The track on the left is a dummy for storing cars not currently in use. As a plus I now have about 5 more square feet to scenic.

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike

Nice addition to the layout that should make it even more fun to operate! Thumbsup
I'm hoping so Ralph.
Mike

Not much new. Got the backboard up on the layout. No backdrop yet, have to order more. Put up a safety board along the edges of the staging yard so nothing will hit the floor Eek I hope. Started blocking up some land forms on the layout section. Someone asked me how I was going to get to my workbench with the yard in the way. The end of the yard that attaches to the layout slides over two bolts and is held tight with two nuts that are just finger tight. Remove them and poop the two prong wire connector apart and the whole thing slides right off. Takes less than two minutes to remove and replace.

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike