Nantahala Midland V 3.0
It would have to be an "older" diesel.....all my N scale rolling stock is steam era..... maybe an Alco HH600 :?: :mrgreen:
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
It should be right at home on NM trackage Pete!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
When I've saved up enough for the trip down there, and to pay for the loco, I'd be happy to give the NM track work the tryout.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Thumbsup 2285_
Mike

I took a break from the tree making and started marking the places along the line the railroad would have and also posted the mileage. While the NM doesn't leave the state of NC it does go thru several counties so I'm marking those as well. Hopefully this will give operators a sense of place and less "We will take those cars on that side of the room and put em' this side of the room!" Icon_lol

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike

Some shots from the finished area:

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike

I'm impressed Thumbsup Thumbsup
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Me too! That last photo seems to go on for miles! Very nice! Thumbsup
Yeah, that's a very effective blending of modelled scenery and backdrop. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Wayne
Your layout is like visual vacation for a city boy like me Applause
Reinhard
Thanks guys, much appreciated.
Mike

I have to constantly remind myself that you are working in 1:160 scale, and that's not easy to do when I see the level of detail, so well done.
Thanks Pete! Goldth
Mike

With the 4th stage (out of 5) of the layout now up and running we held a operating session yesterday and it went well. Now I have to work up the nerve to punch a hole thru the wall Eek into the hallway so the final section of the layout can be built. Nope
Mike

Some final shots of the staging yard with it's minimal scenery.

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike