Nantahala Midland V 3.0
Tyson Rayles Wrote:Well we had the first operating session on the NM today. There was 3 derailments both at low speed in the yard so nobody was injured or killed Icon_lol

Not bad, considering the amount of distraction caused by all the great scenery ! Thumbsup Thumbsup

( Hey!, the last time I was there I ran a train.....and I was distracted by all the great scenery. :oops: Big Grin Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Pete that's a good point about the scenery. Operating sessions would probably go better without it and it would make it easier to reach in with the Rix Pix to do the uncoupling with all those @%!%^ trees out of the way. Guess that's my next project, rip all that stuff outta of there! Misngth Isn't your ship about due for it's 35 year reunion so you can come back by?
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Ship has had several reunions since, none of them in Charleston, and, money's getting a bit thin these days...seems like all my retirement income is going straight to "Corporate America's pockets". Last trip I was able to go on, was my little Sister's 45th wedding anniversary. That took me to Northern N.J., and Eastern Long Island.
Yeah I would like to get back to your part of the world, at least once more before I'm too ancient to drive that distance. Cheers
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Hopefully you can work it out Pete. Thumbsup
Mike

Hmmmm, seems like the entire thread not just the pics have vaporized? Eek
Mike

No, the thread's still here - I got a notification for your last post, and check a couple of previous pages, which showed up just fine, although the photos, at least on page one, are kinda weird. Crazy

Wayne
All I'm showing is page 1 of 1 and if I click on page 48 or whatever I end up right back here again.
Mike

Tyson Rayles Wrote:Hmmmm, seems like the entire thread not just the pics have vaporized? Eek

I see all 50 pages. The second last entry is mine
-----
Postby faraway ยป 14 Sep 2011, 19:57
That is N-Scale?! Beautiful Thumbsup Would like to have your eyes and hands...
-----
But it looks like your appends lack the photos.
Reinhard
Yes it's N scale, thanks for the kind words.
Mike

Test to see if I can post a pic to this thread:

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike

Welcome back, eh? Misngth

Wayne
Nice pic! The water looks great!
Thanks guys
Mike

Tyson Rayles Wrote:Pete that's a good point about the scenery. Operating sessions would probably go better without it and it would make it easier to reach in with the Rix Pix to do the uncoupling with all those @%!%^ trees out of the way. Guess that's my next project, rip all that stuff outta of there! Misngth Isn't your ship about due for it's 35 year reunion so you can come back by?

Absolutely, Take out the scenery,, the buildings, all landscape feature and everything else except ap lain oval of track and a couple of turnouts. You can call it "Zen railroading". 35
It would be a lot easier, not as much fun or as satisfying but a lot easier. Nope Icon_lol
Mike