Nantahala Midland V 3.0
Working in 3 scales helps me keep my somewhat shakey sanity. If I get frustrated working in one scale I just switch to another one.

OCS = Office Car Special used when the railroad wants to impress current and future customers
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Thanks for the OCS definition . I thought maybe it meant Only Catt's Stuff or sumthin'. Eek Cheers Goldth
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Hi, I really like you layout there in the NC mountains. I'm located cross yonder on the Tennessee valley side in "Murrvul". You have done a great job with the local scenery, almost looks familiar around Robinsville. I'll look forward to your continuing work.
Hi TVRR, thanks for the kind words. Maybe you can get over this way sometime.
Mike

I wasn't happy with the water in those last pics of the bridge over the Valley river going into Murphy so I have been trying mixing food coloring with Future floor wax to make the color better and the water wetter. Your thoughts?

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike

Well, it certainly looks wet, Mike, but I'm not so sure about the colour...perhaps a little too turquoise for my tastes, but then I'm not really familiar with the appearance of streams and rivers in your neck of the woods.

Wayne
Yeah I have had some similar comments from others as well. Oh well, back to the drawing board! Curse
This next attempt will be #187 on getting this body of water right! Icon_lol
Mike

Tyson Rayles Wrote:Yeah I have had some similar comments from others as well. Oh well, back to the drawing board! Curse
This next attempt will be #187 on getting this body of water right! Icon_lol

Mike,Just put some green in it..I've seen a lot of green colored creeks,ponds and small rivers.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Larry that is green that's in there now but because of the blue it comes out looking turquoise.
Mike

If you want to change the colour, the easiest way might be to simply paint right over what you have, depending, of course, that you can get paint to stick to the Future. You may have to sand it a bit, then use something like an autobody primer.

Once that's done, simply paint over it with your choice of colours - you may prefer to use colors, of course, but they're not as vibrant. Wink
This will allow you to repaint the water as many times as is necessary, until it's completely to your satisfaction. Then apply the Future, without any tints, to create the "wet" look.

Wayne
You can paint over Future but hopefully the tinting will get the job done other wise I'll have to out a half dozen coats of Future on top of the paint to get the wet look back.
Mike

Nice to see your working on the railroad (did I say I'm jealous that you can work on yours) Oh well I am finally getting better so I may actually get back down before 2020. Eek

maybe.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Catt I hope you can back at it sooner rather than later!
Mike

The photos make it seem that the turquoise is most apparent along the banks. Would adding a little more scenic material to cover that be a possible solution? I'm impressed by how "wet" the Future floor wax looks!
Mike, do you have a source for the future floor polish that you can share? I think it is what I am needing to make my river more reflective.
Charlie