Nantahala Midland V 3.0
Glad to hear that the damage wasn't any greater. I'm sure you've got sufficient insurance against any frivolous lawsuits. Those little guys can be nasty when the lawyers find out what happened. Waiting
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
If they get a lawyer it won't do them any good. We don't have any courthouses on the layout! Big Grin
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Well after months of playing golf and not running trains the track needs some serious cleaning. Now that weather is getting to cold for golf I could always go bowling rather than do all that track cleaning! Big Grin
Mike

(11-03-2019, 01:48 PM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: Well after months of playing golf and not running trains the track needs some serious cleaning. Now that weather is getting to cold for golf I could always go bowling rather than do all that track cleaning!  Big Grin

Yeah, or you could come to Arizona and still play golf  Icon_lol
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Sure, anything is better than cleaning track!
Mike

(11-04-2019, 07:05 AM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: Sure, anything is better than cleaning track!

Come on over, lots of places to golf, hundreds of them for sure. Oh, stop by while you're here, we can chat, have a beer all while we clean some track..... 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 90% of my rails still have paint from weathering. Icon_rolleyes
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Speaking of cleaning I realized I have never cleaned the wheels on my rolling stock just the locos. Sooooooooooo as long as I'm doing the track I might as well do them as well. At this rate I should be done in a year or two. If I should ever find myself out your way I'll be sure to stop in and help you clean track Don, thanks for the invite. Waiting Icon_rolleyes Awesome
Mike

It's surprising what you find on the wheels.
The guys who say plastic wheels pick up gunk should have seen what came off my Lionel wheels when I cleaned them a few years ago. Only about 1/8" thick.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Yeah David, plastic or metal they all collect dirt over time.
Mike

Here is some pics of my completed challenge along with a before pic.

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike

FANTASTIC job Mike! Worship  Your challenge was well done Applause

I got about halfway through your thread tonight, WOW, Awesome work!! Applause
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
Thanks Deano!
Mike

Well it's been awhile since I got off my duff and did anything! Eek

This next building is the H.T. Hackney Co. which is a wholesaler catering to Mom and Pop stores, convenience stores and the like and is still in business today. One sat next to the tracks in Murphy during the time period I'm modeling. Not sure if it's still there today. I'm modeling it based on a B&W pic from the 1930's that just shows part of the building. It will sit against the backdrop so it is a odd triangle shape. The first pic is with it painted a primer gray.

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike

The second pic is after I painted the walls and the band with the name. Still to do is the signage, door and roof. Hopefully I will stay on this and get er' done. Nope

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike

Keep at it, as always, looking good so far. Worship

Saw a sign on a wholesale restaurant supply store yesterday, "If you serve people, we serve you"...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and