Nantahala Midland V 3.0
Yeah Mark, I agree. It looks like an HO casting almost to me, I really am leaning toward replacing or modifing it.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Tyson Rayles Wrote:Nice looking tug Pete! I've tried thread in the past and it's just too thick for N scale (for my tastes anyway Nope ). I'll see if I can find some wire that is small enough and try that.
Thanks Catt!

3-0,4-0,6-0, surgical silk ( ask your doctor ), I believe you can get it in sterile packages, and each package contains enough to do the job.
Deknatel is a brand name that I've used for standing rigging for my ship and sail boat models for years. This can be purchased in bulk, unsterilized......it's not "cheap", so that's why I suggested asking your doctor.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Well I couldn't stand looking at that collector anymore so I replaced it with a vent pipe.
Pete is that silk "fuzz" free and is 03 smaller or larger than 06? While I won't need it for this project it could come in handy for some other things I have in mind.

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike

That works just fine! Collector? What collector? Smile
Thanks Ralph!
Mike

Tyson Rayles Wrote:Pete is that silk "fuzz" free and is 03 smaller or larger than 06? While I won't need it for this project it could come in handy for some other things I have in mind.

Absolutely Fuzz Free. It is actually a silk braid, used for surgical stitches. 03, or 3-0, or 000 is heavier than 06, or 6-0, or 000000.
3-0 looks to be 0.009"... or about 1-1/2" in N cale ( it's hard to measure because it is soft ) 6-0 looks to be about 0.004"......or about 5/8" in N scale.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
There are also surgical wire sutures available.
Pete it looks like 04 and 06 is what I'm looking for. Thanks MountainMan, I'll look for that as well.
Mike

Chuck I found those pallets in the 2011 Walthers catalog under super detailing parts on page 405, part #255-80144. They are 24 to the pack for $3.95.
Mike

Installing the foundation into good ol' Mother Earth and "over growing" the siding:

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike

Mike, that last picture is awesome. everything looks full size. I think you are funning us. That just isn't N scale....
Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Charlie
Thanks Charlie!
Mike

Some minor progress. Chainlink fence (need to strighten some of the barbwire on top), window glazing that you can't see in this photo (always have to be careful with the lighting with windows this small) Curse and a stop at the end of the siding made with two pieces of rail and a tie.

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike

Aaaarrrrghhhhh !!!!! Wallbang :o 35 - - - - - - 357
I can see the "barbs" on that barbed wire. Confusedhock:

If I hadn't personally seen the Nantahala Midland, I'd have a very hard time believing that it is N scale! Thumbsup Thumbsup
I've never noticed barbs on HO scale wire, as a matter of fact I've never noticed barbs on a farmscape picture. That is detailing excellence.
I am ..............(can't find a word that works here) speach (wordless)
Cheers Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Charlie