Nantahala Midland V 3.0
Thanks guys for the imput. The color of the tobacco would be easy enough to change, my problem is that the leaves are vertical instead of horizontal, but i never could find anything that looked any better with the leaves in that direction. I think I will stick with the corn, but I may get some more to make the field bigger.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Tyson Rayles Wrote:Thanks guys for the imput. The color of the tobacco would be easy enough to change, my problem is that the leaves are vertical instead of horizontal, but i never could find anything that looked any better with the leaves in that direction. I think I will stick with the corn, but I may get some more to make the field bigger.

Guess I've never seen Tobacco growing......besides, I've never heard of tobacco being distilled ! Wink Wink Wink 357
I like the cornfields.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
"......besides, I've never heard of tobacco being distilled !"

Doubt you could find anybody brave enough to taste it if you did! Icon_lol
Mike

Just a progress shot. Been working on the hills to the left of and behind the trailer. The backdrop is a temp so you don't see the hallway.

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike

good work, mike Thumbsup Cheers
greeting from the blade city Solingen / gruß aus der Klingenstadt Solingen

Harry

Scale Z and N
Thumbsup X 10 :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Thanks guys!
Mike

Being a southern fan myself, you do great work!!!!!
Love the water spilling of the layout.
Can not wait to see your next project.
I spent a day reading 27 pages of this post. Thank you JT
Joe thank you for the kind words, I'm glad you like it. I hope to get back on it soon.
Mike

It seems like forever but I'm finally getting back to work on the layout. With phase one pretty much finished (yeah, I know they are NEVER truely finished Icon_lol ) it's time to start on Phase two. It will fill in the space on the left hand side of the layout over to the doorway. In time a hole will be punched thru the wall and it will lead to a staging yard in the hallway. it will connect with the track coming out from under the bridge. It's good to be back at work on the layout 2285_ !

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike

I have the benchwork done (it's a whopping 1 foot by 3 foot ). The foam and track are temporary while I check the height to make sure the track will line up.

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike

Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Mike,my friend good to see your working on the layout again.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Good to see you back at it , Mike , I think the rr really missed you !

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
Nice! I really like the idea of a staging yard on the other side of the wall. In my "manifest destiny" moments I picture a hole leading to the laundry room side of the basement...and then I get real again. Smile
Great to see you posting about your layout again!
Ralph
Sweet!

A double headed train on a 1 x 3 foot board…with room to spare for a few more cars…what’s not to like about that? Oh yea, and it’s the Southern Railway.

Makes me wonder if I picked the wrong scale…

I love what you have done with this layout Mike. It’s extremely impressive.

Mark