Self-motivation photos
Very well done. Cheers Now I have to get busy with some more areas on my layout.
Charlie
Thanks for all of the supportive comments guys! I've added a little more "rock" on the top and then greened it up a little to finish it off. Now I need to tun my attention to the other tunnel!

[Image: IMG_2741.jpg]
Ralph
The rock over the tunnel matches the rock in the foreground very good. It is a good decision to proceed with the same kind of rock. The same is true for the green used. I like the composition.
Reinhard
Thanks Rienhard. I once read a modeler's thoughts about using the same color palette throughout his layout to maintain a sense of visual consistency and that advice stuck with me. I've used the same colors for all rock work, streets, buildings are of a similar brick red or gray corrugated metal, foliage is the same shade...etc. Seems to help the eye accept the layout as a whole instead of creating some obvious differences that might call attention to themselves.

Ralph
I kept looking at the photo I posted above and what leaped out to me was that blue phone booth! It was a detail from a station I bought at a flea market. Funny it never occurred to me to make it look a little more realistic. I painted it silver to look like this <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://behance.vo.llnwd.net/profiles3/97325/projects/306953/973251254676137.jpg">http://behance.vo.llnwd.net/profiles3/9 ... 676137.jpg</a><!-- m -->

[Image: IMG_2745.jpg]

Perhaps I'll add a phone sign on the top...

Ralph
I hadn't noticed the booth to be honest. Weren't the panels red in real life? That said the scene looks great Ralph! Thumbsup
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Phone booths were red in the UK, In the PC era here in Ohio they were silver (raw aluminum) with lots of blue trim.
The greenery really makes the scene POP Ralph.As to the phonebooth ,just like Mike I never really noticed it.It does look a lot more North American with the new paint scheme.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I would definately rate this at a 10. :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Thanks guys! Not to make this the "phone booth thread" but I did a little more scanning of Google images and decided to go with Charlie's recollection of phone booths of the period...so..a little blue trim!

[Image: IMG_2747.jpg]
Ralph, that's the way I remember them. You even hit the shade of blue right. I am sure they were much the same all over the country because Ma Bell had not yet been broken up. Today most phone booths are gone, and even where there are pay phones they are in a little cubby hole made of Plexiglas
Charlie
I believe the first Christopher Reeve Superman movie had a funny scene with Clark Kent stopping in his tracks at one of those cubby minimalist phone stands because he couldn't change into the Man of Steel in it. Smile

Ralph
It's a cold, rainy, windy day outside, a perfect day for working on the trains. So far, I've poured the road into the tunnel and made some temporary placement of buildings in the town of Mountain Gap.

[Image: IMG_5493.JPG]

[Image: IMG_5496.JPG]

This is turning out to be a slightly bigger project than I had originally anticipated, what with laying out the town. At least this will give me an idea where I need to pour Main Street.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Looks like things are shaping up nicely Tom! Thumbsup
Ralph
FiatFan Wrote:It's a cold, rainy, windy day outside, a perfect day for working on the trains. So far, I've poured the road into the tunnel and made some temporary placement of buildings in the town of Mountain Gap.

[Image: IMG_5493.JPG]

[Image: IMG_5496.JPG]

This is turning out to be a slightly bigger project than I had originally anticipated, what with laying out the town. At least this will give me an idea where I need to pour Main Street.

Tom
And the darned bus company still hasn't rerouted it Misngth
Charlie
You know what the problem is with self motivation? Once you get started it's kind of hard to stop. Eek

You guys got some sweet projects going on. Thumbsup
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"