Wow, those geniuses at that 'other' site have really done it
steinjr Wrote:
MountainMan Wrote:I just went over and logged on again, read a couple of posts and left. Seems to working fine. Thumbsup

Everything is viewable. You just cannot log on and post.

Smile,
Stein

If we are talking about "the old forum", I just now went there, opened up the thread on the Little River backyard railroad and posted into it.

It's...working...fine.
Nope Smile Talking about: Kalmbach model railroader magazine forums
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
ngauger Wrote:If youre not signed in.. your cookies that you set wont work.. Wait till the maintenance is completed and go back in and reset your preferences if you need to Smile Smile It has to be because if the "See all" weekend....

Maybe, maybe not: someone else there was complaining about animated gifs in signatures, and wanted to know how to stop them. I suggested he go to his personal profile and select the option to not display signatures at all. Lo and behold, that option is no longer available. I selected it when I first joined there, as my dial-up connection took forever to show anything. Even though the option to block them no longer exists, I haven't had to look at one since. We'll see what happens when their "lost weekend" is over. Misngth

Wayne
Like I replied to Sumpter250, some of us need to get out more often. I did get the invite from Kalmbach, but it's been a year or more since I last visited those forums and even longer since I was looking at anything on Atlas. My scope is limited as to other forums and most of them I can't even remember my sign-in username or password. But then again, I'm not too sure what we had for dinner last night. Nope :o Misngth
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
UPDATE: The problem has been fixed. We can now log in over there.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
OK, we're talking about the Kalmbach forum. I'll simply leave it at ..." I don't do business with Kalmbach" any longer. My choice, nothing more.
As to "getting out more often"? Most of what I need in Model Railroading, I find here. The rest of my "online time" is in the model ship forums, some of which, frown heavily over the use of the word "plastic". Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
ngauger Wrote:Nope Smile Talking about: Kalmbach model railroader magazine forums

How many "old sites" do you have that you "can't talk about here"? Even one is one too many. Icon_lol
MountainMan Wrote:
ngauger Wrote:Nope Smile Talking about: Kalmbach model railroader magazine forums

How many "old sites" do you have that you "can't talk about here"? Even one is one too many. Icon_lol
There are no "old sites" or any other sites that we can't talk about here. Neither Ngauger or myself or any member of our staff ever said we couldn't. We did say though that we wouldn't allow anyone to bash another site, just like we wouldn't allow anyone to publicly bash anyone else. Most sites that we're aware of hold to that policy. Even our old site now allows mention of another site, we left because they didn't, so you can be sure what our position here is now.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD