1 : 1 scale modeling
Cool!!! I Love the progress shots!!! Smile Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Stop by any time Ngauger.

I did my ARHS homework last night Big Grin Big Grin

I cut back and renumbered all the wire on the MU receptacle. I want the splice to be accessible from the box that I installed not two feet up the pipe and the tails were way too long to squeeze in the box. now it should fit nicely Thumbsup . On the right in the pic is a template that I cut from some heavy card stock for drilling the mounting holes. We can reuse it when it's time for the other two MU points    

I also drew up a cheat sheet to cross reference the wire labels from what EMD uses and what NS called each wire. This will make all the terminations a lot easier.    

And a copy from the ARHS face book page-------

ARHS work session today. We put water in the 664, charged the batteries and pre-lubed the engine. With a little coaxing she came to life after a cold winter sitting outside. 664 was then moved to the turntable and spun so that it and 663 would be in proper back to back orientation. We also sandblasted the blue paint off of several of the B units body panels. More panels will be cleaned this way this coming Saturday
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
More of the same work this weekend as last. This time it was raining so we set up a indoor sand blast booth.

I will also show some of the progress on the shop switcher. It was supposed to be ready for this season, but, I really doubt it.

663 sets alone outside still without a working compressor.    

While 664, now filled with cooling water, stays warm in the diesel shop. She is all ready this years excursion season.

I also did the same pic in black and white. I never liked the way modern cameras take black and white pics, I wish there was a way to give them the look of the old black and white film.

e-paw Wrote:.....I also did the same pic in black and white. I never liked the way modern cameras take black and white pics, I wish there was a way to give them the look of the old black and white film.

I think I know the effect you mean, usually done with glass plate negatives or with high quality film and good darkroom techniques.
It's not too hard to take the "edge" off modern pictures, although it's certainly not the same as a good-quality old time print. I'd guess that someone competent with photoshop could smarten it up pretty nicely, though. I don't have that programme or the competency to use it, but usually make my b&w pictures directly from the colour ones using a free programme called Picture It! Express.

[Image: 154-Copy2.jpg]

Wayne
Thanks,, I'll give it a try Doc..

Moving on a bit we did some more work last Saturday. It can be described best from the ARHS Facebook page.

Well we finished sandblasting the last of the exterior body panels for the B unit at our work session yesterday at Steamtown. Kermit finished the last of the epoxy primer on the frame structure. Jeanette and Bob sanded existing painted surfaces and applied rust converter to spot rust areas. Craig and Justin were fabricating new retainer bars for the batten strip screws. Steve finished installing the MU plug on the rear end. All in all it was a good day with good progress. I will pick up several gallons of primer this week and hopefully we will start painting soon.

On top of that the Baldwin shop switcher had it's cab installed,, but, I forgot to get a picture Wallbang Wallbang Wallbang . I have to do that next week.

But I did get a pic or two of some of the progress.
Here is the MU receptacle installed. Next week I'll have to test it.    

514 a NKP GP-9 keeps 664 company as she goes through here rewire.    
B unit paint

Lots of stuff going on in Scranton.. The MU is almost finished , I just have a few more splices to do in the main cabinet.
We started to prime some of the body panels in the paint booth.

I also have a few pics to show of the progress on the shop switcher.

I also had a repair to do on the engine room lights in 664.

I also wanted to add a few shots of the 0-4-0 that shares the sand blast booth with us. The restoration of this little tea kettle is moving along well.    

I thought there was still coal in the firebox when I first glanced in it, but then realized it was just a bunch of rocks.

In this pic you can see the "B" behind the steamer.

Great work, great job! And really steam engines! Wow!

I love that!
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
Thanks Models. I've noticed that not a lot of people follow this thread, but the ones that do really enjoy it. In a few weeks the F-3 trio will head down to Spencer, North Carolina. I hope that any Gauge members that are there will stop by the ARHS table and say hi. It will give them a chance to see what we do in person. I did want to go but, I can not make it. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.nctrans.org/Events/Streamliners-at-Spencer-(1">http://www.nctrans.org/Events/Streamlin ... Spencer-(1</a><!-- m -->).aspx
Not much to post about today, work is going on at a good pace. Starting next week we will be working on the "B" Saturday and Sunday so that we can get the unit ready in time for Spencer, we should just make it in time. Still no word from Tri state on the compressor for 663. The Mu is finished except for one wire that I over looked. Paint and primmer are going on and all is going as smoothly as rebuilding a 70 year old locomotive can possibly can.

I didn't have time to get many shots, just one of 664 as she was getting ready to pull todays Easter bunny train. She will do this today and tomorrow. This will be her first excursion for this year.

Although I missed yesterdays work session I did manage to get this pic from one of the ARHS crewmembers showing the "B" going back together.

Picture by RJ.
I didn't get a chance to post this yesterday, but The car inspector from NS stopped by to certify the F-3 trio. All went well and he passed the three units. So that gives them the OK to be shipped down to spencer. We do not know the day that they will start their trip south but we do know the route. It will be DL to Delaware Water Gap, NS to Allentown, NS to Harrisburg then down the Lurgan line to Hagerstown. According to Rich our CMO this could (should) be week of the 12th. I guess the paint will still be drying in the "B" as NS pulls her down to Spencer. Here is a pic from one of our volunteers MR. Geary [Image: 10151290_10202992534827562_7093770366325228075_n.jpg]