doctorwayne's New Years Resolution Challenge...
Thanks, Matt. The cars still aren't finished, as I've been away and also doing other outdoor-type stuff. It's not really practical to bother airbrushing just to weather these 8 cars, but I have a bunch of other projects currently underway, including rebuilding four locomotives, along with a partial re-paint of a fifth, painting some passenger cars, and converting a bunch of other ones into wooden baggage cars. Most of that work is for others, but I'm also trying to prepare some rolling stock for lettering in hopes that the LS&W decals will show up soon. Somewhere within that work, the cars will get weathered and be put into service. Pictures to follow, of course, probably of all of that stuff as it's completed. 35 Misngth Misngth

Wayne
doctorwayne Wrote:Thanks, Matt. The cars still aren't finished, as I've been away and also doing other outdoor-type stuff. It's not really practical to bother airbrushing just to weather these 8 cars, but I have a bunch of other projects currently underway, including rebuilding four locomotives, along with a partial re-paint of a fifth, painting some passenger cars, and converting a bunch of other ones into wooden baggage cars. Most of that work is for others, but I'm also trying to prepare some rolling stock for lettering in hopes that the LS&W decals will show up soon. Somewhere within that work, the cars will get weathered and be put into service. Pictures to follow, of course, probably of all of that stuff as it's completed. 35 Misngth Misngth

Wayne

I'd like if you could tell us the secret behind the 36-hour day! ;-) I'm curious to see the LS&W cars, your brother did a neat job with the decals.

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/
I wish I had 36 hour days, Matt. Either that or learn to work as fast as Charlie or Gary - maybe I could sub-contract some of the work to them. Wink Goldth
I'm looking forward to doing the LS&W cars, but have received only 6 of the necessary 15 cars, and, of course, am still waiting for the decals.

Wayne
Finally finished! 2285_ 2285_ 2285_
I had an opportunity a couple of days ago to add a little final weathering to all eight cars, and now consider them to officially be "in-service". Thumbsup

[Image: NewYearsChallengePhotos312.jpg]

[Image: NewYearsChallengePhotos311.jpg]

[Image: NewYearsChallengePhotos310.jpg]

Ah! West and wewaxation at wast. Goldth

Wayne
Vewwy nice Doctor Wayne---well worth all the sweat and effort in the paint shop Thumbsup
Two thumbs up and cheers. Looking great, but we knew they would.
Charlie
Thanks guys. Goldth Now I can get back to all those other jobs cluttering-up the workshop. Misngth Misngth

Wayne