Die Cast Subway Car
Late last year I started to see ads for a die cast subway car model that's sometimes represented as "HO Scale". They are from a Chinese company called Daron. MSRP seems to be $25, but you can find them for less if you hunt around -- for instance <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.awesomediecast.com/index.cfm/fa/items.main/parentcat/31573/subcatid/0/id/509080">http://www.awesomediecast.com/index.cfm ... /id/509080</a><!-- m -->

I decided to gamble and sent for one. Here's what I got:    
The ads call it an R-46, but the number and general appearance make me think it's actually an R-142. When I got it out of the box, it seemed undersize for HO, and it is, though the R-142s are meant to run on IRT lines, which take smaller equipment.

Prototype length is 51 feet 4 inches over couplers. I measured the model at about 46 feet 6 inches. Width of the prototype is 8 feet 9-1/2 inches, model is 8 feet even. Height is 11 feet 10-5/8 inches, model is about 10 feet 5 inches. As a result, it's about 10% undersize overall.

The wheels are very crude and are held in gauge only by recesses in the floor, but they do fit on HO track. It's naturally unpowered. The underframe is a total loss, but it unscrews easily. This certainly wouldn't be a bad model as a static feature on a background el structure, and maybe there are other things that can be done with it.
That looks interesting...

How does it scale out for TT? [1:120 = 2.5mm/ft]

65.1 long by 11.2 feet wide by 14.7 high...

Hmmmm... Too big for TT-Scale...
Ron Wm. Hurlbut
Toronto, Ontario, Dominion of Canada
Ontario Narrow Gauge Show
Humber Valley & Simcoe Railway Blog
The model seems to be about 3.2 mm to the foot scale (height is 3 mm scale) or about 1:95. TT is 1:120 (except in England where it's 1:102) So in the no man's land between HO and TT.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.