Some of Catt's toys
Thought I might start a thread about some of my weathered stuff.There may be pictures of several different scales posted here.Here is the first one.

[Image: ho-box1.jpg]

This is(was) a cheap LifeLike HO trainset car.Aside from the extremely heavy weathering it has body mount KaDee couplers and Intermountain metal wheelsets.Only mods to trucks were removal of the talgo couplers.Only body mods were A-Line stirrups in place of the molded styrene units the were origonally on the car.

All weathering is done with acrylic paint washes. Weathering may appear excessive but this car is a many times recycled Erie Lacawanna 50' box now patched for my Grande Valley Railway.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
and a couple more beat up and dirty cars,These are LifeLike Thralldor cars from the 1970s.The detail opn them still rivals current offerings by other companies.

[Image: gvrt2034.jpg]

[Image: gvrt2047.jpg]

Other than the weathering ,the cars are patched for my Grande Valley Railway.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Cheers

I have several of those Lifelike Thrall door cars, and you're right the detail is excellent. Some day I would like to get a picture of one of these cars with the doors fully opened. I'm curious to see the interior "details".

The GB&W cars just got new numbers, the ADN car is a re-paint/re-letter.

We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Nice work. Many trainset cars look decent after replacing the trucks or wheelsets, body mounting couplers, replacing the stirrups, and a little weathering. If you can pick them up for next to nothing at a train show, it may be worth it. I have a bunch of flat cars from my youth that I am planning on fixing up. They will all get new wheels, body mount couplers, and new decks.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
I have a bunch of TYCO flat cars that I have had since I was soley a HO fan.They all have new stirrups ,body mounted couplers ,and metal wheels.Most still have their origonal trucks.It is amazing what a sideframe reamer can do to your trucks rolling action.

The only time I change trucks is if the ones on the car are simply wrong,or broken.One of my Thrall cars had archbars and I know they did not come that way. Eek
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Some more of my junk.All of the cars have metal wheel sets and KaDee couplers.I have two of the Sooline cars but forgot to upload the second pic.Now I have to take the picture again because I deleted it by accident. Wallbang

[Image: conrail1.jpg]

[Image: gvrbox2.jpg]

[Image: pecos1.jpg]

[Image: sooline2.jpg]

My back is driving me crazy because I can't stand up more than a few minutes so the N scale layout is not being worked on. Sad
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Nice stuff Catt even if some of it is in the wrong scale ! Eek Goldth Thumbsup
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Mike,these pics are all HO scale.I still have N and Z scale cars and locos to weather yet. Eek
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

So what you ae saying is ALL those are the wrong scale? Eek Icon_lol
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Actually when I amn playing with these they ARE the right scale. :mrgreen: My prioritys are N,Z.HO.& 1:32.

Only thing is to work on the end I have to stand up,and with my back messing me up at least this way I am still modeling.

Once I run out of the safety stripes for HO I have a bunch of N scale cars and locos to,not to mention the Z scale stuff. Eek
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"