New gondola from the GVRR shops
My origunal intention with this car was to be a "How I did it" posting,but once I got started I forgot to take pictures half of the time.Anyway Here is a shory photo essay on what I did.Fiest pic is of a TYCO flatcar like the one I started with.

[Image: newgon1.jpg]

The sides of the car were cut from a plastic for sale sign bought at Wal-Mart.

[Image: newgon2.jpg]

The ends top chords and verticle supports were all made from Evergreen Plastics strip ans siding stock.

[Image: newgon3.jpg]

Brake gear ,stirrups,and crossovers are from a Accurail boxcar detail set.The ladders are Con-Cor boxcar ladders.

[Image: newgon4.jpg]

Last pic is a profile shot to show how it all comes together.

[Image: newgon5.jpg]

Further information,wheels are Proto 2000 metal wheels,couplers are KaDee #5s.At this point in time I have nothing but time inversted in a project that gives me a modern 50' gondola.Colour and road name are yet to be decided. Eek
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Catt,

That is great work, like the material used(I used cardstock(from a cereal box) and balsa wood to do a flat and a freelanced hopper in S gauge. Do not forget to update with a pic of painted model. Nice to see that scratch building and kitbashing is still alive and well.
Great looking gon Catt, what scale is it?
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
" Great looking gon Catt, what scale is it? "

The car is HO scale.I thought I had some HO gondolas but I can't find them.Now I have something to look for at our next show.I want a 65' mill gon.this one is a 50' general purpose.If nothing else I will find a couple more flat cars to make one. :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Great work Catt! It's nice to see nice cars made out of almost nothing. I like your end details with platform.

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/
Well the old saying goes "If it weren't for bad luck I would have no luck at all. The gon has been painted for over a month.I finally took time to snap a picture and discovered that I have managed to break two stirrups :o

Oh well here's a pic anyway.

[Image: newgon6.jpg]

I hope Accurail still sells their boxcar parts sprues.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Wow Catt! That's terrific! Thumbsup