Poll: Are you interested in decals for biL's Lehigh Susquehanna & Western railroad?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1 HO scale set in white
25.00%
5 25.00%
2 HO scale sets in white
35.00%
7 35.00%
3 HO scale sets in white
15.00%
3 15.00%
4 HO scale sets in white
5.00%
1 5.00%
5 HO scale sets in white
0%
0 0%
1 HO scale set in black
5.00%
1 5.00%
2 HO scale sets in black
5.00%
1 5.00%
3 HO scale sets in black
5.00%
1 5.00%
4 HO scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
5 HO scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
1 N scale set in white
0%
0 0%
2 N scale sets in white
5.00%
1 5.00%
3 N scale sets in white
0%
0 0%
4 N scale sets in white
0%
0 0%
5 N scale sets in white
0%
0 0%
1 N scale set in black
0%
0 0%
2 N scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
3 N scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
4 N scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
5 N scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Remembering biL Marsland...
The decals look terrific Wayne. Just to recap how do we proceed? You're gathering orders right now. Do you need us to provide addresses in some organized way?
Thanks again for doing this!
Ralph
Nice to hear from you, Gary. I'll put you on the list for one set in white.

Ralph, anybody can e-mail or PM their address to me anytime they wish. I'm still waiting for the pdf version from my brother in order to forward it to Rail Graphics. I should learn then how long it will be before the decals are sent to me, and can then start sending them out. I'll update the situation as it develops with new posts in this thread. Once the decals arrive here, I'll start bugging folks who've expressed an interest but not yet sent me their mailing address. Misngth
After all of the ordered sets have been sent out, there'll be a few left, and I'll likely place a new post advising of their availability.

I haven't noticed anybody asking specifically for N scale (it's included on the sheet, but in lesser quantities than the HO), but if you've ordered sets to be used on N scale equipment, let me know if you require extra numerals and reporting marks for the car ends. I won't be needing the ones on the sheets I'll be using, and will gladly send along extras to those requesting them. I suggest that others not needing the N scale car-end lettering might offer the same if such requests materialise. Goldth

Wayne
Just to let everyone know, I just got off the 'phone after making payment for the decal sets. They'll be done next week, and I hope to have them available the following week.

Wayne
Cheers

Thanks for all your efforts..!!
Gus (LC&P).
Thanks, Gus, and thanks to all who've supported this idea.

Wayne
How about adding a small extra fee to each set of decals to buy a boxcar, put biL's decals on it and send it to his daughter as a gift of the BB community? I remember she was in this form when biL passed away and knows us.
Reinhard
Reinhard, that's a thoughtful gesture, but I've tried several times to contact her, both by e-mail and regular mail, to no avail.

Wayne
Well, it's taken a little longer than expected, but the decals arrived today. I am very impressed by the finished product and am sure that all who've expressed an interest will be pleased with the results, too.
I'll begin sending out the decals on Monday, and will be contacting, by e-mail or PM, everyone who ordered to enquire about your preferred payment method and to inform you of the total cost. The available options are:

1. Cash, in either Canadian or American funds, with the amount rounded to the nearest whole-dollar amount. For example: $5.49 and less pays $5.00, $5.50 and over pays $6.00. The price includes the decals plus my postage costs, which are $0.61 for Canadian orders, $1.05 for U.S. orders, and $1.80 for European orders. Fold a sheet or two of paper around the bills before placing in the envelope and send using your regular mail service. Do not send coins.

2. Cheque, and as you may guess from the spelling, this is applicable only to Canadian orders. Non-Canadian personal cheques can be difficult to cash, as I don't have a business account.

EDIT: I just spoke with someone at my bank, and they indicated that checks from American banks are acceptable. However, the amount must be in American full-dollar values, as they do not pay less-than-dollar amounts. For instance, if you send a check for $5.98, they will give me only $5.00(U.S.) If you're sending a check from the U.S., round it to the nearest dollar, and write it as you normally would. Because the U.S. and Canadian dollars are roughly at par, don't make the check "payable in Canadian funds" - it'll only confuse the teller and I'll also get dinged for any conversion fees. Misngth Misngth I shop regularly in the States, so your money will quickly return to help bolster your economy. Wink Goldth

3. Paypal, in either Canadian or U.S. funds. You'll pay a premium for this to cover Paypal's fees, and it will depend on the value of your order. I'll let you know what I estimate the cost to be based on that.

Do not send payment by any means until you have received the decals. I want to be sure you have them in-hand before any money exchanges hands.

I will notify each person when your decals have been sent, and would appreciate a PM or e-mail when you receive them.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them here or contact me via PM or e-mail.

Wayne
Wayne,

Sounds great! If you are impressed, it must be a good product indeed. Smile

Thanks again for doing this, and to your brother for the artwork.

Cheers

Andrew
Great work Doctor Wayne Cheers
I'm in no hurry so save the postage...see you next month.
Wayne,
You are such a class act! Thank you for all of the work behind this thoughtful project and for your willingness to deal with all of the mailing details.
Much appreciated!
Ralph
I just learned that if you're using Paypal as your payment method, there is no fee if you send the money as a "Gift". I will be contacting all concerned with a revised (lower) price.
The sets are $3.14 each, plus applicable postage.

Wayne
Wayne,I would also like a set of white decals if they are still available.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Larry, your decals, along with almost everyone else's, are in the mail and en route. Goldth

Wayne