I need help
yellowlynn Wrote:I can open a program and it comes up full size. Several did that once or twice, then went back to smaller size. I closed Blue, then opened it again-----full screen. Closed it opened again---small. Like I said before, right click icon, Properties, and all I can get is URL or Create shortcut. Mybe it's the computer, who knows. Some open full, some don't and I never know which until I open it. Everything that you all are saying is good. Just this puter won't show what it is supposed to. Lynn

That - - - , is beginning to sound like some small piece of "hardware" is beginning to "get strange", as in - - soon to fail.
A memory chip, a glitch in the cpu's clock, a voltage variant in the power supply, or some other little bug in the system ( hardware, not software ).
Or: and this I doubt, but, if there is one chance in infinity, it is "possible". . . . some part of software isn't loading properly, but, here again I'd be looking for a hardware problem. Everything comes down to 1's, and 0's, where a (1, high, true ) or a ( 0, low, false ) happens randomly when it is not supposed to, and everything gets skewed.
How old is your computer?
Maybe it's time to have one of the computer repair companies in to have a look.
Just a thought,- - - Ive never repaired computers, but have almost two decades experience, troubleshooting microprocessor controlled electromechanical devices. You would be amazed at some of the "actual causes" of equipment malfunction ! :o
A problem with "random missing characters" on microfiche, turned out to be Cockroaches crawling across the screen of the CRT used to expose the film. A problem with a Reel to Reel tape input device rewinding at the start of a job, turned out to be the afternoon sun shining on the tape machine's "end of tape" sensor.
A lot of time, money, and parts were used, before the causes were found.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250, I think you may have hit it. The computer screws up in other ways too. Scrolling down, many times sentences start running over each other, layering up. Click a bunch of times on it and it straightens up, until I scroll down some more. I think this E-machine has run its course.

This VISTA isn't bad, but they tell me Windows 7 is a bugger for computer illiterates like me. Scares me to get a new one.

Lynn
Whitehouse, Tx