Walthers Cornerstone: American Millwork Co
I'm making this thread since I can't find any photos of this anywhere, I am assuming this kit came out in the late 90's or early 00's. I just acquired this kit mostly build and semi poorly put together. So now if anyone sees or hears about this kit they'll know what it is/looks like

Here's a few shots

[Image: 3b4004e6.jpg]

[Image: 8a4a9e90.jpg]

Piping a bit wrong and have no clue why a stairway entrance was put there.......^

[Image: 06bbea4c.jpg]

And the front box photo:

[Image: 2ac994cf.jpg]

The photo was the only part of the box I got
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
What are your plans for the building? And how did you acquire it?
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Well the plan is to intergrade it into my steel mill project, which will take forever to finish Icon_lol
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
Wow!

The basic injection molding tooling for Revell's "Superior Bakery/Weekly Herald" lives on.

Amazing!

All these years later!!!

It's still hanging on!!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
P5se Camelback Wrote:Wow!
The basic injection molding tooling for Revell's "Superior Bakery/Weekly Herald" lives on.
Amazing!
All these years later!!!
It's still hanging on!!
Yep! Old tooling never dies, it just gets updated! Guess I'm showing my age, but I clearly remember those Revell HO structures that were even painted/weathered. As I recall, the Superior Bakery/Weekly Herald had mortar lines painted on them! My gosh! We're talking almost 50 years ago! Honey, bring the Geritol!!!
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"
Judging by the gaps in the foundation (behind the stairs) and the "modular" look to the end walls in general, I wonder if this was also a two stall brick engine house as well...?

Andrew
MasonJar Wrote:Judging by the gaps in the foundation (behind the stairs) and the "modular" look to the end walls in general, I wonder if this was also a two stall brick engine house as well...?

Andrew

Yup

It's amazing the multiple uses they got from basically one set of tooling, with maybe a few different pieces. Basic kit plus set A = one structure, basic kit plus set B = structure 2, basic kit plus set C = structure 3, and so on.

--Randy
Modeling the Reading Railroad of the 1950's in HO

Visit my web site to see layout progress and other information:
http://www.readingeastpenn.com
MasonJar Wrote:Judging by the gaps in the foundation (behind the stairs) and the "modular" look to the end walls in general, I wonder if this was also a two stall brick engine house as well...?
Andrew

The engine house side walls had brick arches above the pairs of windows.....otherwise very similar.
( the roundhouse on my new modules started with a pair of engine house kits )
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
When I finally get that far ...

The building to the right of the tracks that go between the buildings in the photos of the corrugated mock-ups in my "GERN plant Structure Challenge" will be bashed-up from several Superior Bakery and a Weekly Herald kits (the walls of which are visible in the first photos of that thread.)

I think doctorwayne also bashed at least one structure from these very usable walls!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln