New York Cross Harbor RR Alcos
e-paw Wrote:I took that pic in the mid 90's just off of Pulaski st in Bayonne NJ.

I thought so, this is what #59 looked like in 2007. im not sure if that remediation company still owns it or not.
[Image: nych59dirt1.jpg]

shortliner Wrote:Speaking of "that corner" and "Brooklyn" - I trust you guys have seen <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://carendt.us/scrapbook/page87/index.html">http://carendt.us/scrapbook/page87/index.html</a><!-- m --> by my friend Prof Klyzlr?
A brillianf piece of minimum space modelling in HO

I have seen it before, really great model and would like to build something similar in size and one day add it to a bigger layout
I saw it last year, I loved the rave that he had going on in the industrial building.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
I forgot I have a picture of #59 before I sent it out for a sound decoder and replace the amber roof light for a clear one. It's the only pic I have but ill take some when I get it back.
[Image: 2011-11-25_13-52-19_741.jpg]
I like that paint scheme so much!
Reinhard
faraway Wrote:I like that paint scheme so much!

It actually wasn't my first choice but glad I went with it. I liked the earlier paint scheme they had but wanted to model around 1992-93 so I had to go with the 2 tone. Here's the paint scheme in the late 80s.
[Image: nych593.jpg]
[Image: nych21bedtboxcar.jpg]
The two tone is far better. the older plain blue is not bad but the fine grade of the blue difference is great.
Reinhard
Rscott417 Wrote:I forgot I have a picture of #59 before I sent it out for a sound decoder and replace the amber roof light for a clear one. It's the only pic I have but ill take some when I get it back.

What a nice combination of switchers..

Gives me ideas I don't need.. Wallbang
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Finally got the Nw2 back. The paint on the handrails got a bit chipped but I guess that just adds to the "beat up" effect. Today I added the fire extinguisher and police search light to the cab. I just have to add the sun shades which I ordered today.

[Image: 59-4.jpg]
[Image: 59-3.jpg]
[Image: 59-2-1.jpg]
[Image: 59.jpg]
Just a heads up if anyone is interested, I put #11 on ebay starting at $150
Brakie Wrote:
Rscott417 Wrote:I forgot I have a picture of #59 before I sent it out for a sound decoder and replace the amber roof light for a clear one. It's the only pic I have but ill take some when I get it back.

What a nice combination of switchers..

Gives me ideas I don't need.. Wallbang

Where did you send the NW2 for a decoder?
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
As Brooklyn native who happened upon a NY Cross Harbor engine as it was traversing the Brooklyn streets, and now returning to model railroading, I wanted to create a layout for this small line. I was unable to find anyone who would create the magical looking NY Cross Harbor insignia in a decal. You can imagine how long I sat gawking at your creations. How was that achieved on your incredible looking equipment?

Appreciate your insight.

Tom
Mike Kieran Wrote:Where did you send the NW2 for a decoder?
Sorry Mike I never saw your question, I found a guy on ebay. I'll be honest though, I wouldn't send him any of my trains again. I Had to send them back to him at least 2 times for different issues, he seemed to really not give a $h!t about what I asked and charged quite a bit.

Alcm2012 Wrote:As Brooklyn native who happened upon a NY Cross Harbor engine as it was traversing the Brooklyn streets, and now returning to model railroading, I wanted to create a layout for this small line. I was unable to find anyone who would create the magical looking NY Cross Harbor insignia in a decal. You can imagine how long I sat gawking at your creations. How was that achieved on your incredible looking equipment?

Appreciate your insight.

Tom
Tom I got the decals from the same guy on ebay I mentioned above, I asked for extras told him I'd pay for them and he sent me 2 heralds that didn't match. There has been talk with other NYCH enthusiasts about making a batch of decals which I would certainly replace with mine. I haven't heard anything about them in a while but I'll get in touch with them and find out what the story is.
Recieved the decals for the NY & Atlantic... was so excited I didn't check carefully and received the sets for the old tesl green paint scheme and not the new black & green scheme....must reorder....

practiced with some Testor's sky blue and grabber blue on a Hustler Switcher...didn't cut the mustard....stripped in back to original...Not sure if it was you, but there was information on line where Tamaya Medium and Light blue was used for NY CH RR...Will give that a shot next...the striping on the NY & Atlantic decal set will be cut up to delineate between the two blues and along the base of the frame....

Do thank you again for the tip for the Highball graphics website....

Still trying to figure out how to send the photo of the scratchbuilt enginehouse for NY & Atlantic...Appears I need to post the photos somewhere else and then pull in the site via the url....tried again below

Attached Files Image(s)

Looks like it worked that time. The two "Hustlers" remind me that I still have a "Hustler" A-B-A set that I really should get finished. One of the "A"'s is done I just need to finish, and paint the other "A", and the "B", and power them. The engine house,
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin looks way too clean :o Wink Big Grin Big Grin The locos are nicely done Thumbsup
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Rscott417 Wrote:Just a heads up if anyone is interested, I put #11 on ebay starting at $150
Wish I had seen this at the time. Why did you sell it?
Tim David