Tyson Rayles
Nothing new in the pipeline. Bear in mind that the info I've been posting is four steps away from what Tyson's stepson reports. It's accurate, but maybe delayed a bit before we get it here.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Some positive news. We just got this update:

Quote:Mike is now alert and able to communicate a little.
Vince told him that we were all asking about him and hoping for a speedy recovery and Mike liked hearing that.
Still has a long way to go.
Once he gets strong enough they will have to start treating him for the tumors in his lung and throat.

I have to thank those people that are keeping us abreast of Mike's condition. Apparently he is now alert enough to understand, and that's a good sign. Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
This is wonderful news for a cloudy Friday here. It makes it feel like the sun is shining. Way to go Mike, I will keep praying for a great outcome and many more years of n scale corn and tobaccy.
Charlie
Just received this update through the grapevine. It is positive news, but Mike isn't out of the woods yet, so he needs everyone's support.

Quote:Mike is out of ICU now and will be going to rehab in a day or two.
He's expected to be in rehab for about four months.
He's speaking a little more clearly but his breathing is still very labored.
He is very weak and can't move his arms or legs and that is what he is going to rehab for to help strengthen him.
He is on solid food and even had some Coke today.
He's fighting an infection and they're not sure if it's from the growths in his lungs and throat or from something else.
As for those growths, they've done CAT scans and x-rays but can't tell exactly what they are because his lungs are very cloudy.
They can't begin to treat them until he gets stronger.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
ezdays Wrote:Mike isn't out of the woods yet, so he needs everyone's support.
He's got mine.
15 year veteran fire fighter
Collector of Apple //e's

Beatus homo qui invenit sapientiam
Don, can you get a snail mail address, I think some cards from us might help cheer him up.
I have kept the prayers going his way. I'm praying for a total recovery for him.
Charlie
Charlie B Wrote:Don, can you get a snail mail address, I think some cards from us might help cheer him up.
I have kept the prayers going his way. I'm praying for a total recovery for him.
Charlie

I'll ask and let you know.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Good idea , Charlie .

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
We've asked and the admins over at RR-L have said they'll ask. We need to thank them for keeping us updated. We figure Mike's son-in-law doesn't need all sorts of us contacting him and so we're relying on those guys over there to keep us updated. It would be nice if we had a hospital address though to send some cards, and they'll let us know when they have one. Thumbsup

It appears as if Mike had a hard road ahead of him and he'll appreciate any words he gets from his friends on all these forums.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Don,
If his family isn't comfortable giving out his address, we could send the mail to a member and have a package of cards sent to him.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
A good friend of Mike's is Drew Allison who was on RRL years ago and Two Guyz before it shut down . If anyone knows Drew , he may be a source .

Terry
teejay Wrote:A good friend of Mike's is Drew Allison who was on RRL years ago and Two Guyz before it shut down . If anyone knows Drew , he may be a source .

Terry

The admin over at Railroad Line is in contact with Mike's son-in-law and they're going to get an address for us. Since Mike will be in the hospital for about four months, it would be best if they got that address rather than a home address.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I'm going to be sending Mike a get well card and maybe some others will do the same to hopefully lift his spirits a little :

Here's how :

Mike Goad
c/o Vince Brestle
477 Forbidden Cove
Waynesville NC 28785

I suspect that Vince is the step son who will take mail to Mike . Thanks to my old buddy Rick on RRL for providing this . Rick has heard that Mike is in rehab and is doing the same as he was at the last report . Hope that is a good sign in medical talk .

Terry
Thanks TeeJay, I will get a card in the mail in the am.
Charlie
Thank you kind sir for posting this address. We've been trying to find one for the hospital, but this one works just fine. Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and