Attempt at a boxcar
Weathering is one of the things for me that sets off a layout & brings an element of realism to it. Having watched many youtube videos & read various articles on the subject i thought i would give it a go.

This is the fruits of my labour from this morning/afternoon. It's an Atlas HO Boxcar i picked up off Ebay recently for £10 which i didnt think was a bad deal especially as it was brand new.

The car has been weathered using a cheap badger airbrush & some thinned paints to use as washs. I also used some rust effects by Mig on the roof which i am really pleased with.

Hopefully once i give it a blast of Dullcote it will be ready for a layout ( once i make one )

Thats all for now

Si.

Attached Files Image(s)

That's a really good weathering job. Depending on the time frame you want to model, there are two features you might want to consider on cars from the past 20 years or so. The first is tagging. This didn't become really common until the 1990s, but now a very large percentage of cars are tagged, especially the ones that are in lighter colors, like green, yellow, or (shudder) white.     Another feature, from the mid-2000s, is conspicuity stripes, which you can also see on this car.
Thumbsup Thumbsup :o Thumbsup Thumbsup
If that was a first attempt at weathering, You're going to quickly become a "force to be reckoned with" Big Grin

Nicely done! Thumbsup
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Thank you for the kind comments Big Grin

I happened to have a little more time to weather another car yesterday afternoon. This I was apprehensive about because it wasn't a cheap car it was an inter mountain grain hooper. I've taken photos as I have progressed with the hooper to show how I weathered it. I'm off to work now so I will upload the pictures etc when I get home at dinner time .

Cheers

Si