Sad news about Stein
I posted a brief notice of Stein's passing on the MR Forum, too.

Wayne
doctorwayne Wrote:I posted a brief notice of Stein's passing on the MR Forum, too.

Wayne

You did good, your post here was just right. Again, I apologize for the confusion. In woodworking you, measure twice, cut once. Here I should read twice, speak once.... Wink
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Ralph, nice post, I know it must bother you more, having met them all...

Take care!!!! and thanks for letting us all know....
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Thanks Mikey. It is hard thinking about how he and his family were in my basement just a little over three months ago. It was such a good time meeting them all. Reading the posts here and at the MR forum its obvious that Stein touched a lot of lives even if he didn't have the opportunity to meet them face to face.
Guys,I was wondering if there is a way we could archive some of Stein's track plans?

His small track tracks is well thought out and has help many others.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Brakie Wrote:Guys,I was wondering if there is a way we could archive some of Stein's track plans?

His small track tracks is well thought out and has help many others.

There's something I've been thinking about since we've lost a number of members over the years. What if we were to have a forum just for "Fallen Flag members"? We have sub-forums for Robin and Paul, but what if we moved them to this new forum and did the same for the others that we've lost? We could archive highlights of their best work, track plans or how-to's. Any comments from anybody?
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
That sounds good, since unfortunately, we've lost a few other good modelers along this ride.... Sad We could place it in the same section as the academy too.
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Sounds good to me, too. Thumbsup

Wayne
Here's my thought, open a new forum under the Back Shop, and below the Academy, possibly called: "Remembering Fallen Flag Members". We can move Robin's and Paul's sub-forums from the Academy to there, then open new threads for others that we lost and move highlight of their work there. Not everything they posted, but a few of their best threads. It just seems like the right thing to do.

What we need to start with is a list of those we lost. We know about Robin, Paul, Stein and Bil for starters, if anyone can remember anyone else from either here or the old forums, speak your piece. Both Mikey and I have duplicated threads from the old place, so that's not a problem getting old threads moved to here. If anyone wants to volunteer to help, speak up.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
You have my vote ,I think this is an excellent idea.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Don,I think you know where my vote is.. Wink

For those that don't. 357

Its a excellent idea. Thumbsup
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Thanks for your votes of approval guys. I'll set something up today. We could still use some help to find the right threads to move to there, so let me know if anyone here cares to volunteer for that.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and