New hobby forum open
Just as an introduction, we are aware that a lot of you have other interests besides model railroading and railfanning. We've also seen from time to time a lot of you posting things about those hobbies, boat modeling, car and airplane models, woodworking, restoring classic cars, or even motorcycling. With that in mind, and as a result of your suggestions, we've opened this forum to all you all to discuss other hobbies you may have, or would like to participate in.

We'd all like to see some of your work and so here's your opportunity.... Welcome Welcome
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Gee , I wonder who the first poster will be ? 357 357
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
- Porsche
- 5th gear
- full throttle
Life can be so nice. Goldth
Picture(s) will follow if you want to see them. When excitement has settled.

Lutz Wink
Schraddel Wrote:- Porsche
- 5th gear
- full throttle
Life can be so nice. Goldth
Picture(s) will follow if you want to see them. When excitement has settled.

Lutz Wink

Be still my beating heart... 357 well, not completely anyway. Nope Sounds like an episode of "Chasing Classic Cars", where his is always seems to be taking a Porsche, Ferrari or a race car out for a spin before he puts it up for sale. Thumbsup How can one be that lucky and become rich by doing it :o
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Lindberg "North Atlantic Fishing Trawler" Kitbash

This was the first of many ship kit "bashes", primarily intended for HO scale usage. Here, the kit has become a small coastal Freighter, the "Louis Arthur".
The superstructure was replaced with one from a Revell "Harbor Tug". This picture is the Starboard side;

Starboard Bow, showing the 20' containers which sit directly above the main cargo hatch. The hatch was fully detailed, and then hidden when the idea to carry containers came about.

The port side shot

This shot shows the Gravity Davit kit, built and installed with a lifeboat in place. It was this piece that inspired the scratchbuilt version that was put in the "Tour Ship", as part of the "Americanization" of what started as a Swedish touring ship.    
The railings on this freighter, are some of the early "adventures" in soldering brass rod railings to Brass rail posts mounted in a plastic deck. The technique, was adapted to handrails for my BL20-2's, and later diesel builds, like the LIRR C-420, and the SP&S RS-3's
This next "bash" is an ongoing adventure.....the HMS Surprise, as seen in the film "Master and Commander"
This picture shows the complete rebuild of the transom, and Quarter Galleries, of the Lindberg "Jolly Roger" kit

The built transom, unpainted

and the finished transom, painted.

We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Here, some of the "deck furniture", built in styrene, as yet unpainted.

an overhead shot of the general layout of Surprise's Spar Deck

and a starboard side shot of the model as it currently exists. The hull length of two gun ports was removed to shorten the hull to the proportions of the movie's HMS Surprise.

A finished project, long now, the property of my ex wife, the 40' Cutter "Sihaya".
This was pure joy from the beginning, as it was scratch built in 1/64th scale, Plank-on-Frame, from lines I laid down in my first attempt at "designing" a ship.

In this shot you can see the removed hull plank, and some of the 28 doublesawn frames.

The boat, hanging astern on the davits, is a 17' Whitehall skiff ( 1/64th scale ) also built Plank-on-Frame

and this, the profile of the skiff, this skiff is 3.2 inches long, just to give you some idea of the proportions of the model.

We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Quit showing off and make your own thread 24
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
Great ships Pete!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
No i am not a rich man.

[Image: dsc022679ej6.jpg]
That is one of this high speed fast rides at full throttle in the 5th gear. 20 kph.

[Image: dsc046097tlhn.jpg]
Of course this Porsche, an 1958's AP 22 is reaching it's maximum speed faster than a 911... Smile
And you can drive it much longer at full throttle than a 911 Porsche. 8-)

This is my second hobby for the summer time. High gloss restoring is not my thing. Technically it is rebuilt, engine, brakes, new tires, lights so it is going strong again.

[Image: dsc012248jbft.jpg]
That is my other tractor, a 1958 Hanomag R435. Also technical rebuilt.

[Image: dsc02704rjuga.jpg]
No problems to start it even in frosty winter time. Sorry the mercury column of the thermometer in the foreground has fallen through the lower border of the photo.

[Image: dsc02073bnkn.jpg]
Strange agricultural machinery here in Germany.

Lutz
Those pictures are Great!! I always like to see tractors..

First time seeing these models too.. Big Grin Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Schraddel,

Neat grill, is that brats cooking? Here in Ohio in the town of Bucyrus they have a bratwurst festival in August I think. Lots of food and music.
Yea AF350,
this is really Bratwurst grilling there on the converted seed drill.
ngauger Wrote:Those pictures are Great!! I always like to see tractors..

Next time you are my way, come a little early or late. 49 Case VAC, 51 Cub, 50? Super A
I have photos somewhere, just need to find them.
Les
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.lesterperry.webs.com/">http://www.lesterperry.webs.com/</a><!-- m --> Check it out
http://www.youtube.com/lesterperry/
Lester Perry Wrote:
ngauger Wrote:Those pictures are Great!! I always like to see tractors..

Next time you are my way, come a little early or late. 49 Case VAC, 51 Cub, 50? Super A
I have photos somewhere, just need to find them.
I'll try to remember that Smile Smile Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
tomustang Wrote:Quit showing off and make your own thread 24

Wink Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Wink

OK, this will have to do for now, and when it is done it will be back to the "tour ship" Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic...=37&t=6394