Ngauger's 2013 Duff Challenge
ezdays Wrote:I remember having one of those when I was a kid. It had a long handle in front to help steer it though and it was painted red. Icon_lol Icon_lol
Too Funny!!!!! Icon_lol Goldth Misngth Goldth Misngth Goldth
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
ezdays Wrote:I remember having one of those when I was a kid. It had a long handle in front to help steer it though and it was painted red. Icon_lol Icon_lol

They already had wheels back then..?? 357
Gus (LC&P).
Steamtrains Wrote:

They already had wheels back then..?? 357

Sure did, we had to carve them out of stone though. We had to walk, not ride, to our local Home Depot to get the tools we needed, then pick up a log or two at Woodworker's Supply on the way back home. Yup, it was really tough work back in those days..... Icon_lol Icon_lol
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
ezdays Wrote:Sure did, we had to carve them out of stone though. We had to walk, not ride, to our local Home Depot to get the tools we needed, then pick up a log or two at Woodworker's Supply on the way back home. Yup, it was really tough work back in those days..... Icon_lol Icon_lol

Uphill both ways.
-Dave
Thru 12 feet of snow in July ! Icon_lol
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Hiding from wild animals all along the way....
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

and carrying a spear in one hand and a big rock in the other. Icon_lol Icon_lol
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Stone age ! Cave dwellers ! Eek Eek Big Grin Big Grin
I have a trained Dinosolus Rex to do all my carrying, and provide personal transportation ! Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol
And, when it absolutely positively had to be there next day, I had a coop of *homing Pterosaurs* Thumbsup Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:Stone age ! Cave dwellers ! Eek Eek Big Grin Big Grin
I have a trained Dinosolus Rex to do all my carrying, and provide personal transportation ! Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol
And, when it absolutely positively had to be there next day, I had a coop of *homing Pterosaurs* Thumbsup Big Grin

Show off ! Icon_lol
Mike

Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol

Nope Mike, I'd be a "show off" if I'd said that I remembered the day Methuselah was born ! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

:oops: :oops: Wait a minute, I do remember that.... 357 357 357 357 357 357 357
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Well - just did a bit more... I started placing the floor boards and I actually found a plastic tube (not shown) that I can use for the wiring to have a light and the speaker for the chug chug sound Smile Smile

Looking downward. The first 3 1" wide floor boards are being glued.

Side view with the carriage resting on the wheels and frame.

~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Mike

Mikey:
Could you slip a ruler into one of the photos sometime?
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
BR60103 Wrote:Mikey:
Could you slip a ruler into one of the photos sometime?
Yeah, if i remember Misngth next time....

For reference - it's about 14" long and each of the "floor boards" are 1" wide X 3.5" long..
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Well - as I passed by the work room on my way out, I finished gluing the floorboards in place......

Then after I got home, I took this for David & Tyson Big Grin
12" ruler with the "12" to the left on the rear edge of the flooring.....
Tyson - This shows the "Skirt" effect I was hoping for, hiding the undercarriage and most of the driver wheels.

And one showing that the cab will be 4.25 inches side to side (for David) Misngth

and finally - the wiring for the light (2 red) and the chug-chug sound (red & black) are threaded through the floorboards Goldth

~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75