East Terminal & Newburgh
I've always appreciated the options that that kit offered as far as add-ons and the opportunities that it allowed for creative minds to further embellish it.
This is my version...

Wayne
Hello,

to garnish it a little bit more:
[Image: dsc061203decm.jpg]

[Image: dsc06124pcih1.jpg]
A excited "discussion" between supervisor and fork lift driver about how to stack empty pallets and why they should not to be stacked at this place.

[Image: dsc061225se2o.jpg]

[Image: dsc06128lhi7e.jpg]
Look at that folk! In the meaningly hide by the fork lift, the supervisor is around the corner, they do simply anything but working, absenteeism at it's finest. But not for any longer. When the supervisor is done with this namely forklift driver, he will step around the building corner...
I presume the chain reaction will vary something between like a roused chicken house and firing somebody immediately.

Lutz
Hello,

the next boring workday:

[Image: dsc06149ggdkt.jpg]

[Image: dsc06150vpd5v.jpg]

[Image: dsc06151sud1s.jpg]
The supervisor ist standing ahead of his office door and has a grim face.
Nothing to do because they are waiting urgently for two late boxcars the railroad has promised to be delivered precisely scheduled ...
They all were not very happy, the warehouse crew is afraid when these missing boxcars finally arrive, they were affected to do overtime hours.

Model:
Figures are a mixture of Preiser, Woodland and Merten. Clark forklift by Wiking.

Lutz
It is great how the figures flesh out the scene and make everything work. Great job.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Hello,

this time messing around with LEDs.
My modular layout is built up on the upper gallery of the stairway. When daylight ist is quite excellent lighted by the big windows there. But after night fall ist is dark. Of course there are lights to enlighten the stairway, but these are not suitable for enlighten the layout satisfactorily.
So i decided to purchase some LED strips:
[Image: dsc06502trdyi.jpg]
In my megalomania i ordered 4 strips of 5 metres lenght and 2 12V bricks to power them. Each strip has 120 warmwhite LEDs per metre, the 5m were 600 LEDs and the 4 strips together are 2400 LEDs.
Then i went to the home depot and purchased 4 wooden angle profiles 50mm x 10mm dimensions and some rectangular wooden profiles with 10 x 12mm dimensions.
These 4 strips of 5m, 2 pieces of 12V 10A bricks and 2 adaptor plugs i paid only 40,45 inclusive shipment, that are of course €'s here.

[Image: dsc06463sgecx.jpg]

[Image: dsc06487ohftx.jpg]

[Image: dsc06489ugcey.jpg]

[Image: dsc064884riit.jpg]
First attempt i cut the 5m strip into 5 strips of 1m lenghts. For reasons of electrical connection i removed from each strip a group of 3 LEDs. These strips are cutable every group of 3 LEDs. So then were 117 LEDs per strip and with 5 strips there are in summary 585 LEDs per 1m of lighting bar.
Guess what happened.

[Image: dsc06484v0f7h.jpg]
A test set over my workbench. If you want to illustrate a nuclear explosion of an atomic bomb on a testground it's o.k. But otherwise Eek

Lutz
"If you want to illustrate a nuclear explosion of an atomic bomb on a testground it's o.k. But otherwise" null

Lutz, that says  a lot about the lights but are they bright?   Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol
Charlie
(12-05-2022, 09:58 AM)Charlie B Wrote: "If you want to illustrate a nuclear explosion of an atomic bomb on a testground it's o.k. But otherwise" null

Lutz, that says  a lot about the lights but are they bright?   Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol
Charlie

Yes Charlie,

in this arrangement with the 585 LEDs focused within an area of 97cm x 4cm it is far too flamboyant. Even for the workbench the light intensity is too high; you have to wear sunglasses. Cool
Simply an overkill.

Lutz
Yep!  A single strip throws an impressive amount of light.  A few months ago I installed a 5 meter strip ceiling of my storage level on my railroad.  A single strip is perfect for lighting the entire level.  I also found that some old laptop computer AC/DC converters are ideal for the current draw.  The adhesive backing sticks well to some things, not well to others.
Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows
Hello,

because it's too bright and for thermal reasons, there is a tendency to overheat when so much LEDs packed so tight, i removed 2 strips:
[Image: dsc064951lfke.jpg]
That are now 351 LEDs in summary.

[Image: dsc06507lmilr.jpg]
And still darn bright.

[Image: dsc06493lucnz.jpg]
So further reduction to 2 stips, in summary 234 LEDs.

[Image: dsc06508r4co2.jpg]
The brightness ist still suitable to illuminate the workbench adequate.
In the foreground a began building some brackets for the light bars.

[Image: dsc065090xefl.jpg]

[Image: dsc06510ahe1g.jpg]

[Image: dsc06511ymd5h.jpg]
Time for testing it on the layout. All details are visible and the brightness is still like in a sunny Arizona afternoon, is'nt it Don?

Lutz
Gets two thumbs up from me! One big advantage is the consistency of the light - you don't have to worry about overlapping or directing individual lights and the amount of light is completely appropriate.
Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows
Hello,

the next part of the drama:
[Image: dsc06515c0i24.jpg]
Looking for a quick (and not so dirty) solution for a removeable mounting for the light bars.
- a piece of aluminium tube, about 3cm, were set into predrilled bores in the deck plate
- a piece of round steel was inserted intn predrilled bores in the bottom end of the pillars
- inner diameter of tube and diameter of steel rounds are corresponding with some clearance

[Image: dsc06513bzds7.jpg]

[Image: dsc065141ncwc.jpg]
The second lightbar was completed.
What was confusig me is the height of the light bars. Here lenght of the pillars are 50cm. According to FREMO normature the upper edge of the head of rail has to be 130cm above ground. This is about 129cm upper edge of the ground plate and adding the 50cm of the pillar will result in a 179cm of the LEDs height above ground.

[Image: dsc06516cpiro.jpg]
The part of the layout which is enlighted.

Lutz

[Image: dsc06517k4fpm.jpg]
On the highway deputy Buford T. Justice is able to ticket a too fast above the limit driver of a Corvette.
He's about to be promoted to "Sheriff"! Watch out for a woman running around in a wedding dress...
I dunno, Lutz...my guess is that the cop likely saved the life of the Corvette's driver, as his high speed would have resulted in a sudden drop, off the end of the bridge.

We have an enormous amount of idiot drivers here in southern Ontario, with too little police presence to enforce the rules.

Wayne
@ Todd,

no in this timeframe he was still Deputy

[Image: dsc06283eif91.jpg]

[Image: dsc062865ofng.jpg]
Initial this figure was created for this little auto scene. It's 1969 and he has just stopped this hippie style Volkswagen van. Some light smoke escaped from the open window, in the rear of the van are some plants of the group of cannabacea (the delivery plant for gras). A clear trigger point for a law enforcement man.
Then suddenly out of the blue a orange car flashes past at high speed with a loud roaring V8. One of the bad boys inside shows a green bottle (presumably with some pretty %'s of C2H5OH). This is also a trigger point for any law enforcement member.
So Deputy Buford T. Justice is in awful trouble. What should he do next Icon_question
Should he bully the hippies?
Or should he take the invention for a high speed chase?
Icon_mrgreen

Lutz
I predict that one of the bad boys is about to whistle, extend his arm and flash Deputy Buford T. Justice the middle digit. Knowing the deputy as we do, he will abandon the hippies and chase the Charger relentlessly over state lines (or the end of the layout).