A little "trivia" question - - -
Tyson Rayles Wrote:We got our first TV in 53-4, but I don't remember that show. Nope

We got ours a few years before that. There wasn't much to watch, some stations didn't come on until late afternoon, and most went off the air before midnight. I remember going to the PAL and watching "Uncle Milty" on Tuesday nights. And yeah, I remember that before color TV, you could get one of those clear plastic overlays that went from green to red to blue just to pretend the show was in color. We never got one and I'm glad since all it did was make the picture weird.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Yeah , I do remember the plastic overlay "colour tv " ...one of my friends had one . It was pretty cool back then . Milton Berle had a good show , too .

The funniest situation I remember revolved around the Friday Night Fights .......my dear old grandmother , who couldn't hurt a fly , loved boxing for some reason , and especially Joe Louis . The fight came on , and grandma was in the kitchen for about a minute . Louis knocked out his opponent within 30 seconds ... there were NO replays , and grandma was supremely P.O'ed that she missed it . That discussion went on for weeks . Goldth

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
The first TV I remember, had a "standard", round, CRT, for the picture screen, kind of the same greenish tint, and dim enough that we had to watch it in the basement, which was the only place big enough, and dark enough. Eek

Yes. Captain Video and his Video Rangers............and the ever present villain, the evil, Doctor Pauli ! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Then, of course, there was the Flash Gordon series with the ships dribbling sparks out the aft end!! 357 357 357 , and "Ming the Merciless".
Yeah, the plastic overlay was " one of those things " Icon_lol
"Uncle Milty", Ed Sullivan , Mickey Mouse Club, Hopalong Cassidy, Gene Autry, The Cisco Kid, Roy Rodgers, and a whole bunch more, including the "bonding time" with my Dad, watching the Brooklyn Dodgers at Ebbets Field.
I gave up Baseball when the Dodgers left Broolkyn. Got back into it when I became a Cubs fan.
If Cubs chairman Tom Ricketts, moves the cubs out of Chicago / Wrigley Field, that will probably be the end of Baseball for me, for ever.
One must remember, "Ricketts" is a disease ! :o Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Icon_twisted
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!