View first unread post New free layout design software 12 b
This just looks suspicious. I don't have the "tools" to properly check it, and the poster, out.
Pete
OK just realized that when I clicked on the topic it took me to page two.....this has been there for a while! :oops:
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
This guy is obviously connected to this software and I'll bet he's on every RR forum to let everyone know that it's available and for free. It seems to be his only reason for visiting and posting here. The site looks legit, but I didn't go so far as to download anything. Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
ezdays Wrote:The site looks legit, but I didn't go so far as to download anything. Nope
Me neither !
Should this thread be moved to Railroad Marketplace ?
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Sumpter250 Wrote:
ezdays Wrote:The site looks legit, but I didn't go so far as to download anything. Nope
Me neither !
Should this thread be moved to Railroad Marketplace ?

Where is it? I lost the thread and it doesn't show up in "new posts" anymore, and our search function is, well, not a complete joke, but very close to one... :? :?

To make thing a bit easier, just include a link to any thread when it's up for discussion so we can look it up easily.

I get PM's from members wanting to edit, delete or move a thread, then not tell me where they are. :o I'm helping someone with some of his missing photos, and he sent me a bunch of photos, but I wasn't sure which thread or post they went into. I finally found both of them, but one is totally confusing and he has more yet to do. I have to figure a way to allow him to edit them himself. I can, but I have to be around while he's doing it and there's about a 12 hour difference between us. Icon_lol

Ahhh, thanks for listening, sometimes you just have to share these little things with friends who understand..... Big Grin Big Grin
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Don,Its in the layout section of the forum.

You couldn't pay me enough to down load anything from that site..
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Brakie Wrote:Don,Its in the layout section of the forum.

You couldn't pay me enough to down load anything from that site..

Thanks Larry, I was just too lazy to search each forum until I found it. I should have been able to use our search engine but it brought back way too many hits. It works well, sometime too well. :?

Anyway, I'd leave the thread where it is. He's not selling anything, the software is free if you dare try and download it. He apparently is either the sole writer or at least one of them responsible for producing it. I'm not sure why though. There allegedly are no ads, it is free, so I wonder why spend the time doing something like that. Sorry, but I'm a bit skeptical when there are no obvious benefits to those that produce the product. As they say, "there is nothing in this world that is free". Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I was looking around at Z and saw that this guy has been there on and off, like here, touting this software. I googled both him and his software and found that he's posted on just about every MRR forum and in a few other places including Facebook. One thing in his favor though is that the software is available on CNET.com. Still, I'm a bit skeptical and suspicious, why make all this effort to distribute software that you don't charge for? :?: :?:
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
ezdays Wrote:Still, I'm a bit skeptical and suspicious, why make all this effort to distribute software that you don't charge for? :?: :?:

Could it be...........to find suckers ( uhh, :oops: gather email addresses ) for an "online Scam? "--------
or, could it be legi............... :?: :?: :?: :?: As I stated in my first post, " This just looks suspicious " Icon_twisted
Sumpter250 Wrote:
ezdays Wrote:Still, I'm a bit skeptical and suspicious, why make all this effort to distribute software that you don't charge for? :?: :?:

Could it be...........to find suckers ( uhh, :oops: gather email addresses ) for an "online Scam? "--------
or, could it be legi............... :?: :?: :?: :?: As I stated in my first post, " This just looks suspicious " Icon_twisted

I have to agree, but on the up side, the software is listed on CNET and I'm sure they check things out before listing things there. It still makes me wonder about some people that put all that time and effort into doing something and get nothing in return. Let me take a guess, this guy is really Bill Gates or Warren Buffet just doing this as a hobby, for the good of the people.... Worship Worship
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
It may be for something simple such as bragging rights... He may be doing other things and when he has to prove his worth (Resume')??? He can say - well - I designed this program that people are successfully using.
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
ngauger Wrote:It may be for something simple such as bragging rights... He may be doing other things and when he has to prove his worth (Resume')??? He can say - well - I designed this program that people are successfully using.

Yeah, but it's more fun thinking that it's Bill Gates incognito. But if it is, and it's anything like Windows 8, forgetaboutit at any price... Misngth
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and